Thursday, September 5, 2013

Happy Birthday

CCEE1336-Birthday-wm

Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month it is time for a new hostess for September which is Lois Bak.

Apparently it is Lois’ birthday this week and her daughter in law’s, so this time round Lois has asked us to make a birthday card for this weeks challenge.

For my card this week I used a die from Sizzix … Geometric Tiles Thinlits. Once I had die cut my burgundy card I positioned it over the white base card and drew around each of the circles. Then I used my alphabet stamp set to spell the words “Happy Birthday”. I also added a few of the small  die cut pieces which comes with the die to fill in the empty circles.

CCEE1336-Birthday2-wm

Here is the inside of my card. I added a birthday sentiment and also a diecut heart from the Sizzix die set.

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Alphabet Snap Stamps – Karen Forster; Birthday Greetings – MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Burgundy; Pink
Other: Black Ink; Pink Ink; White Ink; Sizzix Geometric Tiles Thinlits; White Hemp Cord; Rhinestones; Foam Tape

 

#aa-owl-signature

7 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Fun birthday card with all the cutouts!

Lois said...

Love the design of this card!

Sabrina said...

It wasn't till I clicked through to your blog and looked properly that I realised the burgundy was laid over the white card. Very neat - I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with that die! I really like what you've done with it here.

Vicky Gould said...

Love the card, but it sure looks like a lot of work, Frances!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Frances,
What an adorable card - awesome!!

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous birthday card.

Joanne (jojot) said...

how clever and fun