Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Easter Egg Hunt

POD-EasterBench1-wm

Hi everyone,

As promised yesterday I am back today with another card for Karen Burniston’s Designer Challenge.

Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen Burniston will have another of her amazing video tutorials for us.

This time round Karen has asked us to use any of the Pop It Ups dies to create a card with a Spring theme.

Now as I mentioned yesterday, Easter isn’t Spring for me it’s Autumn as I live in Australia. But as it is Spring for you and Easter is almost here no matter where you live I decided to go with that option again.

POD-EasterBench2-wm

As you can see I have used the Garden Bench Pop-Up die again to create my card. But this one is different in that this time I have created a Floating floor, I have been wanting to create a floating floor on the Garden Bench ever since Karen posted it on her blog earlier in the year, but until now I just haven’t had the time.

For my card I played with my new Purple Onion Designs stamps which I purchased earlier in the year and again until now haven’t been able to play with.

I have also used the All Season Tree, but this time I added Easter Eggs to my tree rather than leaves. I also used the clouds from the All Season Tree to create the clouds in my sky.

POD-EasterBench3-wm

Here is another view of my card … you can see the floating floor a lot easier on this photo. You can also see my grass and Easter Eggs hiding in the grass along the front part of the floating floor.

POD-EasterBench-wm

And of course let’s not forget the front of my card. I added the Purple Onion Designs Poppy again on the front, which is layered using the ovals from the Oval Accordion Card die set. I used the Agatha Edges to cut the fancy shape from my green card and also to add the blue flourish above it.

If you are looking to purchase Karen’s Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental…. they have just received another order and this time round it includes ALL the Elizabeth Craft Designs Dies.

Don’t forget to check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Here are the products I used on my card today:

Stamps: Sign; Poppy; Rosie – Purple Onion Designs; Easter Egg – Alota Rubber Stamps; Happy Easter – Penny Black
Paper: White; Blue; Green
Pop It Ups Dies: Garden Bench Pop-Up; Accordion Oval Card; Agatha Edges; All Season Tree – Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Cheryl First said...

Oh my gosh, this is way too cute! What a great way to combine the pretty pop-up card with digis!

Steph Ackerman said...

LOVe this - the chair, the grass how cute!

fran said...

This is one of my favorite cards - ever!

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Such a cute card, love those stamps....yeah I have Poppy too!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweet Easter scene....love the bench