Sunday, October 26, 2014

Marriage

C&DWedAccord2wm

Hi everyone,

Earlier in the month my nephew got married. Of course I had to create a special card to give to him and his new bride and this is the card I created for them. I normally like to make my card using colors that match the colors they are using for the wedding and as their theme was black and white, I kept to those colors for my card.

As you can see I created an Accordion card using the Oval Accordion Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I alternated the pages of my accordion using both black and white and also using the Oval Flourish Frame Edges set to decorate each page.

C&DWedAccord4wm

For the first page in my card I used the Couple Die from Tattered Lace and then used one of my favorite Wedding sentiment from Paper Inspirations for the second page.

C&DWedAccord5wm

Here is a close up of the third and fourth pages of my book. The Love Die is from MFT Stamps and the sentiment on the last page is an old stamp from PSX.

C&DWedAccord3wm

I don’t normally decorate the back of most of the Accordion cards I create, unless it is for something special like this card is. I kept the first page blank so I could write my greeting to the Bride & Groom.

On the second and fourth pages I added the name of the Bride & Groom.

C&DWedAccordwm

Here is the front of my card when it is closed ready to be placed in it’s envelope or box. I added some flowers using Elizabeth Craft Designs Bunch of Flowers 2 and Black Velvet Adhesive Sheet.

C&DWedAccord6wm

As my card was rather bulky I decided to create a box for it. I used the Oval Flourish Frame Edges again around the edge of the box and then added the Florentine Bells from Tattered Lace in the centre.

C&DWedAccord7wm

And one last photo of my card this time in the box with the lid of the box on the side.

Stamps: Marriage Calligraphy – Paper Inspirations; Happy Wedding Day – PSX
Paper: White; Black
Dies: Oval Accordion Card; Oval Flourish Frame Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Bunch of Flowers 2 - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Couple; Alphabet & Florentine Bells – Tattered Lace; MFT Transformables Heart Full of Love; Grand Ampersand – PTI
Other: Black Ink; Black Velvet Adhesive Sheet – Elizabeth Craft Designs; Clear Wink of Stella Pen; Pearls; Foam Tape

 

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous card Frances!!!

Gmalew said...

Frances, you are a true artist. What a a stunning keepsake for the lucky couple!

Gmalew said...

Frances, you are a true artist. What a stunning keepsake for the lucky couple!

Karen Aicken said...

Frances - this is just a stunning wedding card. :-)
LOVE it!

Joanne (jojot) said...

pure elegance...love them