Thursday, October 9, 2014

You’re A Star

CCEE1441Drummer1wm

Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week our challenge hostesses for the month Liz and Lynn has another fun challenge for us.

October is also International Drum Month and October 12th is Universal Music Day. Music has always been a huge part of our both Liz and Lynn’s life. So for our challenge this week, make a card or project using a drum or instrument image on it, or that might use musical score paper or stamp that celebrates music as the universal language.

CCEE1441Drummer2wm

Originally I was going to use a digital stamp for this challenge … but then I remembered this fun stamp set from Kanban stamps so decided to use these instead.

As you can see I have created a Pop Up card using the Lorna Label Pop Up designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I decorated the top and bottom of the inside card using the Agatha Edges die set. I used the Happy Birthday Stand Up Helper die on the rectangle portion of the pop up.

I also added stars around my card.

CCEE1441Drummer3wm

Here is a side on photo of my card so you can see the pop up portion of the card a little better.

CCEE1441Drummerwm

And finally the front of my card. I added another of the images included in the stamp set and added a sentiment I have had forever!

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Wooly Bears Make a Noise; Wooly Bears Rock On – Kanban Stamps; Happy Birthday – Stamp World
Paper: White; Orange; Blue; Red; Green; Bright Blue; Raven DP – Glitz Design; Outer Space DP – Kaisercraft
Dies: Lorna Label Pop Up; Agatha Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Design; Stacking Stars – MFT Stamps; Quotables – Paper Smooches
Other: Black Ink; Clear Wink of Stella Pen; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

8 comments:

Maryann said...

Ha ha, Out of all our stamps we used the same one I very nearly created a pop up one also, yours is simply amazing

Liz Williams said...

I love how that little rock star pops right out of the center of that card. Your cards are always so fun, Frances.

Vicky Gould said...

You always have the perfect stamp and make the most colorful, wonderful cards, Frances!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What awesome images for this card, Frances!! It rocks, for sure!!

Gmalew said...

Rockin Birthday Card, Super images and colors!

Lois said...

What a fun birthday card!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this delightful rockin' teddy bear. What a fabulously fun birthday design, Frances!

Joanne (jojot) said...

wonderful coloring......cute image