Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Karen Burniston December Designer Challenge Card 3

KBDCFathersDaywm

Hi everyone,

As promised this morning, I am back with another card for this month's Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. This time round the theme Karen has given us is Pop it Ups for every month! The Design Team will be creating Pop It Ups cards to fill the calendar for a year.

In my previous last two blog posts I have shared my “January” card and “February” card for this challenge which you can see by scrolling down to the previous post.

Today we are jumping to the month of September. Here in Australia we celebrate Father’s Day on the first Sunday in September.

I had originally planned to create something other than an Accordion card for this card seeing my card in the previous post was an Accordion card. But then Karen Burniston posted her YouTube video on how to create a Landscape Accordion Card from a Portrait style Accordion (Katie Label or Oval Accordion Card sets), so of course I had to play with this idea. You can see Karen’s video here.

KBDCFathersDay3wm

I used the Katie Label Accordion Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs to create my card today. I decorated a couple of the pages using the Katie Stars Frame Edges.

I recently received the Art Impressions His & Hers Campers clear set from a friend as an early Christmas present which I thought would work perfectly for my card.

KBDCFathersDay4wm

Here is a close up of the last two pages of my Accordion Card.

KBDCFathersDay2wm

Here is the front of my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

If you are looking to purchase Karen's Pop It Ups dies in Australia you can find them at Photo Continental.

Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

Stamps: His & Hers Campers – Art Impressions; Father’s Day Stamp Set – Simon Says Stamps
Paper: White; Natural; Green; Campfire Coffee – Cosmo Cricket
Dies: Katie Label Accordion Card; Katie Stars Frame Edges designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

What a perfect card for Father's Day. LOVE the KATIE Accordion as a landscape.