Thursday, December 11, 2014

Peace On Earth!

CCEE1450SantaPeace1wm

Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week Lynn McAuley continues as our challenge hostess for the month.

For our challenge this week Lyn has asked us to Create a card starring Santa! This is our last challenge for 2014 as we are all taking a break, but we will be back ready to stamp up a storm at the beginning of January 2015.

CCEE1450SantaPeacewm

For my card this week, I have used Jane’s Doodles Peace Santa Digital Stamp, I found this stamp online earlier in the year and just had to purchase it and have finally had the time to play with it Smile.

For the background of my card I have been playing with the new Transparent Tape from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I just love this new tape, it comes in various widths include 3mm; 6mm; 10mm; 64mm and 152mm rolls. For this card I have used the 3mm; 6mm and 10mm tapes and adhered them to my card diagonally in an interesting pattern. I then removed the protective backing from every third piece of tape and applied Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter. I then removed the protective backing to the next lot of tape and applied Forest Green Silk Microfine Glitter and finally removed the remaining protective backing and applied True Red Silk Microfine Glitter.

CCEE1450SantaPeace2wm

As you can see I have created a Pop Up Card using the Lorna Label Pop Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I added more of the glittered paper I created on the front to the top and bottom of the card, bordering it with the pine border die.

CCEE1450SantaPeace3wm

Here is a side on view of my card.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Santa Peace Digital Stamp – Jane’s Doodles
Paper: White; Red; Green; Gold
Dies: Lorna Label Pop Up Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper – Elizabeth Craft Designs; Pine Needle Border – Memory Box; Say What – MFT Stamps; Sizzix Holiday Words Script
Other: 3mm Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Side Tape; 6mm Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Side Tape; 10mm Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Side Tape; Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter; Forest Green Silk Microfine Glitter; True Red Silk Microfine Glitter; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

9 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Absolutely stunning card Frances! LOVE your sparkly background, and that Peace Loving Santa!

Vicky Gould said...

I...love...it! What a cute Santa on such a great card!

Liz Williams said...

Love how you did those amazing glittered diagonal stripes. Just so perfect for the festiveness of the season. Peace to you my friend, and a prosperous new year.

Sabrina said...

You always make fab interactive cards. Here that wonderful glitter background has taken it up another notch - so festive!

Lois said...

Great background for your cute Santa. Love the glitter!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Wonderful retro Santa with his peace sign. Love the sparkly paper. Merry Christmas my friend!

Joanne (jojot) said...

great Santa....and love those lifelike greens...........Happy Holidays....Merry Christmas......and Happy New Year, my friend

Lynn McAuley said...

What stunning work on this fabulous holiday card, Frances! Your perfectly taped and glittered background is perfect for the delightful Santa! And fabulous die cut design work on the inside of this great card!

Wishing you a joyous Christmas blessed with peace and love!

Maryann said...

fantastic card Frances that glitter work is just stunning