Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hello!

CCEE1503Flowerwm

Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Our challenge hostess for the month, Vicky Gould continues to bring us some fun challenges.

For our challenge this week, Vicky has asked us to use Stamp Etching on our card. You can find a tutorial on how to use this technique over on Splitcoast Stampers.

For my card today I have used this cute girl  from A Random Fan, I have added the etching to each of the flowers and also to the girls hair.

My card uses the new Rectangle Pull Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. These dies should be available in your stamp stores at the end of the month or early February. I know I will be getting a lot of use out of this die Smile.

CCEE1503Flower2wm

For the inside of my card I added the white panel to the back of the centre rectangle … I stamped the flowers from the image I used on the front of my card and of course etched the flowers here as well. I also added a birthday greeting to the spiral part of the card which pops up when the card is opened,  but is hidden by the rectangle when the card is closed.

I added the postage frame (from the Rectangle Pull Card set) and the ‘Hello” sentiment (from the Rectangle Accordion Card set) to the top right hand side of my card.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Morning Sunshine - A Random Fan/CC Designs; Mice Friends – Our Craft Lounge
Paper: White; Orange; Pink; Disco Fever DP – K.I. Memories
Dies: Rectangle Pull Card; Rectangle Accordion Card; Katie Label Pivot Card – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics

 

#aa-owl-signature

10 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Perfect background paper for this delightful cutie and her flowers! Awesome etching and coloring, Frances!

Vicky Gould said...

absolutely delightful, Frances...always love your flip cards!

Liz Williams said...

How welcoming and inviting this card is from the beautiful colors, to the design of the card, to the sweet image! I couldn't make our the code for the robot proof on your blog either. Hope you get this.

Lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lois said...

Your etching is so natural-looking that it appears to be part of the image itself. I love the colors you chose for the card.

Sabrina said...

Brilliant inspired idea to use the etching to add detail to your little girl's hair, as well as on the flower!

Karen Aicken said...

Such a sweet card - perfect background paper and colours. Like you, I'm loving the new Rectangle Pull Card die set. SO fun!

Maryann said...

a wonderful vibrant card, love this cute girl, the etching works really well with this image.

Joanne (jojot) said...

a cutie patootie made even vuter with your etching.....bright and happy card

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Those flowers sure pop with the etching!! Great dp to go with them!