Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hoot

KBOwlPivot1wm
Hi everyone,
Today I am sharing a card I created using another of the new die sets designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. This time round we have a new Pivot Card die and it is a tag shape…. the Tag Pivot Card.
For my card today I just used the die to create a rectangle shaped card but you could also use one of the new Tags & More dies  from Elizabeth Craft Designs and create a tag shaped card before you die cut the pivot card.
KBOwlPivot2wm
I received a few owl stamp sets for Christmas so I decided to use one of those stamp sets to decorate this card.
I also wanted a border down the sides of the card, so I decided to use the border from the Tags & More 8 – Lattice set. The border is only 4.25 inches long to fit the width of the tag the tag set makes … but I was able to create a longer border by lining the points of the die along the edge of my designer paper and once I die cut one I just placed the die back into the designer paper near the end and kept cutting … it cut perfectly Smile.
KBOwlPivotwm
Here is the front of my card when it is closed … as you can see I added a border also to the front of m card.
I also added the word “Hoot” using the letters from the new ECD Alphabet 1 – Caps set.
KBOwlPivot3wm
And finally the back of my card … I love how you see the owl and the sentiment from the back.
Stamps: Owl – Hobby Art
Paper: White; Black; Sew Lovely DP – Carta Bella
Dies: Tag Pivot Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Tags & More 8 – Lattice; Alphabet 1 Caps – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Brads; Foam Tape; Copics

#aa-owl-signature

1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a cool fancy cut card.....loving that wood dp