Friday, January 9, 2015

Mom

ECDFLowerMomwm

Hi everyone,

Today I am excited to share a card I created using some of the new dies which will be released at CHA this weekend by Elizabeth Craft Designs!

The base of my card uses the new Tags & More 7 – Vine die set. This set allows you to create a tag and/or card which is 4 1/4 inches wide. The die just cuts the top of the tag shape, so you then can decide how long you want your tag/card to be. The decorator piece (vines) at the top of the card are optional as to whether you use them or not.

I have actually made a tag shaped card using this die set by die cutting two pieces of card the same size with the tag shaped die from the set. I then took the tag I wanted to use for the front of my card and die cut the vine inlay piece into the tag. I also die cut another from green card so I could inlay these. The tag which I used for the back of my card, I scored so it matched the bottom of the vine decorative piece on the front and glued the top section of my card to the back so I had a top folding tag card. I could then adhere the vine leaves so they glued to the back panel.

The scallop border along the bottom patterned paper is also include in this die set as is a number of other dies to help decorate your tag.

The flower is the new Victorian Flower Set 1 and Victorian Flower Overlay Set 1. For the solid (bottom) flower I die cut the two different sized flowers from the Victorian Flower Set 1 using Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. For the Flower Overlay, I adhered some of the ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape Sheet to the front of a piece of white card. I die cut the flower overlay so that the adhesive was on the front of the flower and then used Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter over the adhesive, making sure to polish the glitter with my fingers after applying. I layered both flowers on top of each other using double sided foam tape between each flower. I then added Pink Glitter Dots for the flower centre. The leaves are from the Curvy Leaves die set.

I am super excited that ECD now has an alphabet die set,  Alphabet 1 Caps …. I will be using this a LOT!!!!! I die cut the letters from white card which had ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape Sheet adhered to the top of the card and then covered the adhesive with Amethyst Silk Microfine Glitter.  I don’t normally used that way to spell Mom … I would normally spell Mum, but as this card has gone to live in the USA I figured I would spell it the USA way Smile.


Dies: Tags & More 7 – Vine; Victorian Flower Set 1; Victorian Flower Overlay Set 1; Curvy Leaves; Alphabet 1 – Caps – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Pink/Gold Glitter Dots; Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter; Amethyst Silk Microfine Glitter; Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape Sheet; Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.

#aa-owl-signature

3 comments:

Marja Sch said...

Wow this is so cute. Lovely colours. Gr Marja

Karen Aicken said...

So pretty! Glad to know this is a 4-1/4" wide die - you can't tell how large the tags are from the website thumbnails. Love the purple and green, and like you I'm super excited about the alpha.

Joanne (jojot) said...

they seem to be coming out with some very different dies this year....interesting