Friday, January 16, 2015

Oh La La it’s Paris!

ECDParisPopUp1wm

Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing another new die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. This die set is a new type of die Karen has created which can either be a decorating die to use on Flat Cards/Scrapbook pages etc or as a Pop Up … these are called Pop Stand Card dies and this one uses the Eiffel Tower Pop Stand Card set.

These are very easy to create. The die set comes with an optional “Pop Stand die” which you use on the centre of your card as you would the other pop up card dies. And then you die cut two of the decorator pieces (in this case the Eiffel Tower) and attach the feet of the tower to the pop stand and then adhere the top of the tower together as well.

ECDParisPopUp2wm

For my card I die cut the Eiffel Tower and the accessory pieces for the tower from Black Shimmer Sheetz and then used Silver Lumiere paint which I dabbed over the Eiffel Tower removing any excess as I went. I actually die cut the two from the black shimmer sheetz and then two from black card as I wanted to hide the pop stand, so after I attached the Shimmer Sheetz Eiffel Tower to both sides of my card I then backed this with the black card one (which also has silver lumiere on it. And then I attached the Eiffel Tower at the top.

ECDParisPopUp3wm

To decorate my card I added the Paris edges to both the edges of my card. I used the ECD Jewelry Dog Tags for the tags and added the words using the ECD Alphabet 1 Caps.

ECDParisPopUpwm

On the front of the card you only need to cover a couple of small holes on either side so for this card I decided to add the Paris Edges at the top. Along the bottom I added the tiny Eiffel Tower / hill to the bottom of the card and then added the Oh La La as I did on the inside.

Dies: Eiffel Tower Pop Stand Card; Paris Edges – designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Jewelry 3 Dog Tags; Alphabet 1 Caps – Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Kraft; DP
Other ECD Products; Black Shimmer Sheetz; Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape
Other: Pink Ribbon; Silver Lumiere Paint

 

#aa-owl-signature

3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

I just love this Frances - you did an amazing job with your Eiffel Tower. Wow!

Joanne (jojot) said...

saw this on FB.....stunning

Trish Myers said...

mmmm I think this card has my name all over it Frances )