Saturday, January 10, 2015

Yappy Bath-day!

KBBathRectAccordwm

Hello everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. This week Peggy continues to bring us challenges for the month.

C4C268 January 2015

Peggy tells us that ….. We started this month with a clean slate, right? How do you like this “bare” craft room? What you would put in this room? What supplies came to your mind first?
The challenge is to take the first things you thought of (in addition to stamps and paper) and use them on your card.

What would I put in my craft room …. well I couldn’t live without a die cutting machine (I love my Crossover Machine) and of course lots of dies to use with it!

As CHA has begun and it is time to start sharing Karen Burniston’s  new dies she has created for Elizabeth Craft Designs and I had made a card which was similar to the photo above it wasn’t hard to decide what to use for this challenge...... I have been bursting to share these new dies with you all! I guess my card being a bath theme also works with Peggy's words "a clean slate" haha!

KBBathRectAccord3wm

I have used a number of the new release dies on my card today, some may only be part of something … so let’s get started telling you all about them.

First we have a new Accordion Card … actually there are two but the one I have used for my card is the Rectangle Accordion Card … LOVE!!!!! This die is actually in portrait style, but as I wanted to use the bath on my card I changed the accordion from portrait to landscape using a technique Karen shared with us a while back on YouTube … you can find her video here if you would like to give it a go.

Around the edges of the Accordion I used the new Katie Flourish Frame Edges …. I have been wanting these for a while to go with the Katie Label Accordion card … the good news is the Frame Edges for the Katie Label Accordion also work with the Rectangle Accordion yay!


The bathtub is another new die and it comes with an optional Pop Stand die so that you can turn the bathtub into a Pop-up card if you want … can’t wait to play with that idea tooSmile. I die cut the bath using White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz and Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz for the feet & tap of the bath as well as a couple of accessories which I still need to tell you about.

Peeking out of the bath, you can see one of the new Character dies …. this one is Buster the Dog. I had to have him fairly deep in the bath so that the accordion pivot points would work. There is also a new Cat being released called Whiskers the Cat and I used one of the whiskers from this set on the spout of the tap so it looked like water was coming out of the tap.

The Yappy Bath-day was computer generated and is a dogs version of Happy Birthday. The Paw Prints are from yet another new set … Props 4 – Pets.

KBBathRectAccord4wm

I needed something on my right end panel which was related to bathing, so I decided to create a towel … for this I have used a few more of the new dies from Karen.

The towel rail was created using the handle from the pail in the new Palm Tree and Pail die set … I die cut the handle/rail from Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz to match the feet etc on the bath.

For the towel itself I used a rectangle die from the new Rectangle Pull Card … I need it slightly longer so I only die cut a portion of it at first so the bottom end didn’t cut …. moved the die down making sure it was still lined up at the sides and turned it around and die cut again … again not cutting the part which was now in the middle. I added some score lines and a bone from the Props 4 – Pets set. Along the bottom edge I used the scallop edge from the Parisian Edges set.

Phew! that was a total of 9 new die sets in this card! This was such a fun card to make Smile.

KBBathRectAccord2wm


Here is my card closed ready to be placed in an envelope.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.
Dies: Rectangle Accordion Card; Katie Flourish Frame Edges; Bathtub w/Pop Stand; Whiskers the Cat; Buster the Dog; Palm Tree with Pail; Rectangle Pull Card; Parisian Edges; Props 4 – Pets designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Blue
Other ECD Products: White Iridescent Shimmer Sheets; Gold  Metallic Shimmer Sheetz; ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape

#aa-owl-signature

5 comments:

Brandy said...

Your card is beyond AMAZING! Love that you used shimmer paper for the bathtub and used whiskers for water! You really thought outside of the box on this card! Impressive :)

Queen Mary said...

Frances, I think your approach to this challenge was perfect! I confess, my first thought was lights -- with all the shadows cast I thought of adding lights; I guess it's a sad statement on the state of my vision these days! I love your card and the towel with the bone on it!

Karen Aicken said...

This is SO cute! LOVE all the little details, but especially how you created the towel. Brilliant!

Joanne (jojot) said...

gave me a big grin to see this cutie.....love the play on words and the cute image

jean said...

Hi Stamp owl, Just wanted to say I loved your card sooo much...I finally got around to making it!!! after a year...I used the gift card accordion from this year, with the flourish gift frame in two shades of blue!!My sons b day is in Feb, hope he likes it!!!I love getting your emails with cards every day!!!thanks for your hard work and ideas!!