Wednesday, February 25, 2015

London Here I Come!



Hi everyone,

Well yesterday my youngest daughter left Australia to live in London for the rest of the year. She has moved over there as part of a Teacher Exchange. I am going to miss her big time and the house is going to feel pretty strange without her!

Of course I had to make her a card to celebrate the occasion. When I went looking at what to use to create my card, I had found a few cute stamps I planned on buying, but alas they weren't in stock anywhere in Australia and by the time I had thought about buying anything there was no time left to order from overseas. So I had to rethink and see if I could find any in digital stamps. Fortunately I found just what I was looking for from Digital Delights by Louby Loo and Pretty Grafik.



As you can see I have created a Pull Card using the Rectangle Pull Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. As she is going over there to teach I wanted to include some school related images as well as London themed images.


Here is a closer look at the left hand side of the card. The union jack (flag) is attached to a spiral so it moves as the card is opened. I used the new Elizabeth Craft Designs Alphabet 1 - Caps for the word "London". 


Here is a close up of the right side of my card. I computer generated the "Here I Come!"

Digital Stamps: Guardsman Scott; School Accessory Set; School Girl - Digital Delights by Louby Loo; London Stamps (Phone Box; Big Ben; Bus) - Pretty Grafik
Paper: White; Red; Grey; British Stripe - Fab Scraps
Dies: Rectangle Pull Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Alphabet 1 Caps - Elizabeth Craft Designs; MFT Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax
Other: Foam Tape; Copics


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Well at least you have someone to visit in London now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Frances, hope Becky has an amazing time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing card - I love all the details you added!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments on my creations. Hope you enjoy your day!