Thursday, May 14, 2015

Eat the Frosting


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Our challenge hostess for the month, Joanne continues to issue the challenges.

This time round Joanne has challenged us to get out your acrylics and your inks.  I want you to create a background using inks, but no stamps or embossing folders.  I also want something acrylic on your card/project.  (You certainly may use stamps for your main panels….only the bkgd. must be made without stamps or embossing folders.


As I recently purchased some Distress Paints, I decided to use those for my background ... hopefully that was ok. After added the paints to my card and drying that I then used a stencil and texture paste to add the stars .... there was no mention of not being able to use stencils.

I created a Pull Card using the Rectangle Pull Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.  To cut the window from the rectangle panel, I used the large rectangle from the Rectangle Accordion Card set.

I used one of the new Spinner Stamp sets from Art Impressions on my card.


Here is the inside of my card. I added a candy dot to the closure tab and the flower.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Stamps: Frosting Spinner - Art Impressions
Paper: White; Yellow; Teal
Dies: Rectangle Pull Card; Rectangle Accordion Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Stars Stencil - MFT Stamps; Texture Paste; Broken China Distress Paint; Crushed Olive Distress Paint; Peeled Paint Distress Paint; Wild Honey Distress Paint; Hemp Twine; Candy Dot; Acrylic Flower; Copics


11 comments:

Maryann said...

Love how this turned out, the inked background looks fabulous

Vicky Gould said...

What a fantastic card this is!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGosh...your bkgd. is fabulous and I just love that mouse (front/back)...cute one

Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome background with your stenciled on stars! And I love that adorable mouse and his cupcake! Super cute, Frances!

Lois said...

Cute, cute card, Frances!

Liz Williams said...

Love this fabujous background with the tiny stars. And that sentiment goes along with my philosophies!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Those stars look like frosting as well! Love it!

Sabrina said...

I just love your starry green background, Frances! Cute mouse, too!

Karen Aicken said...

Awww Frances - this is ADORABLE. Love your mouse.

Joanne (jojot) said...

sweet mouse.....fabulous card

Joanne (jojot) said...

I thought I had commented before and I did......however......shows I'm not quite playing with a full deck today......have a great day, Hoots