Friday, May 1, 2015

Elizabeth Craft Designs April Designer Challenge


Hi everyone,

It's time for our April Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Crafts Designs blog today at 8AM MST when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.

There is lots of excitement at Elizabeth Craft Designs as Joset is expecting her first baby next month and Els will be a Grandmother for the first time. So it wasn't surprising that our theme for the challenge this time round is a Baby Theme.

A few months ago fellow KBDC Design Team member Helen Cryer created a Combo Pivot & Accordion Card. I liked the idea that I decided to CASE the idea for my card for this challenge. You can see Helen's card here

For my card I used the Rectangle Accordion Card die and combined it with the Tags Pivot Card die ... as it happens these were the same dies Helen used but these what worked best for this particular card as it worked with the Owl die and what I wanted to use for the Pivot section of my card. I did however add the Paris Edges die to each end of my card, I thought that would make it look even more 'girly'.

To create my card I cut my card for the centre section so it would be 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches when folded and die cut the Tags Pivot card in the centre. I then die cut two of the Rectangle Accordion pages and used the tabs to attach it to each end of the Pivot panel. As mentioned above, I then added the two Paris Edges to each end of the card. 



I added the Katie Stars Frame Edges to decorate the edges of both Accordion pages. I die cut the new Owl die from brown, tan and pink card and pieced all the pieces to make the owl. Creating the owl is made easier by adding ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the card before die cutting all the pieces ... I love this tape!!!!!

I used the stars which were left over from die cutting the frame edges to decorate the panel and added Transparent Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers to the centre of the stars. 

On the edge of the card I added a Silver Border from the Borders Assortment Peel-Off Stickers over the join where the Paris Edges is.


On the centre Pivot Panel, I used the Alphabet 1 - Caps to create the word 'B A B Y' which I added to the left tag ... on the other two tags I used the It's A Girl sentiment. 

The larger stars around the card are from the Star Accordion Card die set. I have again used more of the tiny stars that were left over from the Katie Stars Frame Edges.

On the edge of the Pivot card I have again added a Silver Border from the Borders Assortment Peel-Off Stickers.



Here is my card when it is folded ready to be placed in an envelope. 

That's it from me today, thanks for visiting my blog.

Dies: Tag Pivot Card; Rectangle Accordion Card; Katie Stars Frame Edges; Star Accordion Card; Paris Edges   - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Owl ; Alphabet 1 Caps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Pink; Lilac; Fish DP - Fab Scraps
Other ECD Products: Transparent Double Sided Tape 64mm; Transparent Glitter Dots Peel-Off Stickers; Silver Borders Assortment Peel-Off Stickers
Other: Pink Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics



5 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

The star frame is beautiful and love your design
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Debra Hensley said...

Love the colors of this card- love the tags mixed with accordion- love the owls- sooo cute!

Karen Aicken said...

ADORABLE Frances! I love the owl with the touches of pink.

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

So sweet! Love the colors!

Joanne (jojot) said...

sweet hooter....fab card