Thursday, May 21, 2015

Happy Birthday


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Our challenge hostess for the month, Joanne continues to issue the challenges. For the challenges this month, we are going to concentrate on tools and embellishments rather than themes.  Please feel free to do a faux version if you do not have the tool or embellishment.

For our challenge this week Joanne we are going to have fabric and corrugated paper on our card/project.  The corrugated paper can be made using a crimper or already be crimped.  The fabric must be something other than a ribbon.



A couple of months ago when it was my birthday, I received a card which used this Happy Birthday die on it. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to add it to my stash of dies, so set to work to find it which as you can see I did. :)

I have a stack of cardstock which I have had for years which has a fine corrugated look to it, and for some reason I seldom use it. So I challenged myself to use that for all my layers in my card this week. 

The fabric part of the challenge had me thinking for a while and then I remembered all that felt I own and as I knew I wanted to use the Birthday die on my card decided accenting it with small flowers would work, so I used one of the new flowers from the Elizabeth Craft Designs called Bunch of Flowers 4 and the Flourishes & Branches set.


For the inside of my card I decided to create a double pop up card using the Lorna Label Pop Up Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.  As you can see I added more flowers and branches to decorate the inside.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

Stamps: Remembering Your Birthday - Stampin' Up
Paper: White; Pink; Dark Pink; Purple; Green Corrugated Cardstock
Dies: Lorna Label Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs;  Bunch of Flowers 4; Flourishes & Branches - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Happy Birthday - Die-Versions
Other: Black Ink; Wisteria, Grape Jelly, Cotton Candy & Bubblegum Felt; Wink of Stella Glitter Pen; Foam Tape



10 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

What a wonderful Birthday card Frances. Love all the texture ... and of course the Double Lorna!

Maryann said...

Oh wow, I just love this. I had forgotten that we have that card and those felt flowers look great.

Vicky Gould said...

What a fantastic birthday card! Love that HB die cut!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, Frances, this week not only is your fancy fold fabulous, so are these amazing colors.

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this pretty birthday design with all its felt flowers, Frances!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

That bg paper has a wonderful crimped look to it, and those felt flowers are fab!! Another great interactive card, Frances.

Sabrina said...

Wonderful colours, Frances. I really like the foliage you have put with those fun felt flowers.

Lois said...

Super birthday card with the felt flowers.

Diane said...

Gorgeous colors and design.

Hugs Diane

Joanne (jojot) said...

you truly have such a knack with these fancy fold cards....I fing them so hard to 'decorate' but you nail it every time