Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hip Hip Hooray!


Hi everyone,

My card today is for a challenge I am doing with a couple of friends of mine. Each month we get together and go to our favorite stamp/scrapbook store and come home with one or two new goodies. So we decided to also challenge ourselves each month using a product we all have.

Last month when we went to the store, I discovered that Toby from Prima had finally arrived.  I have been after this doll stamp since about March, probably earlier. The stamp hadn't even hit the shelves ... but luckily I got to see what was waiting to be put out and I grabbed three one for me and my two friends. Of course once we got home and decided working out what our challenge would be this time round we decided to use Toby.

As you can see I decided to create a Pull Card using the Rectangle Pull Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I think this is fast becoming one of my most used dies, it is so versatile!

I felt this card needed something in the left hand corner, so I decided to add some gum leaves using a new die I picked up recently at the local Papercrafts Show.



Here is my card when it is "pulled" open. I added a white panel for the HB2U and a blank panel so it can be used to write a personal greeting.


Stamps: Toby - Prima; Cutie Pie Faces - Peachy Keen Stamps; Hip Hip - Kaisercraft; Gift Card Greetings - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Blue; Durable DP - Authentique
Dies: Rectangle Pull Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Ironbark Branch - Ultimate Crafts
Other: Black Ink;  Foam Tape; Copics



1 comment:

Karen Aicken said...

So glad you were able to get a long sought after stamp! Fun card and the leaves on the left panel are the perfect touch. Great card, Frances!