Monday, July 6, 2015

Crazy Quilt of Life


Hi everyone,

My card today is one I created for a friend of mine who celebrated her birthday last month. She loves quilting and sewing, so when I saw this fun stamp set from Art Impressions earlier in the year I knew I had to buy it for her birthday card.

Since then I have also acquired a few other sewing/quilt related products so I incorporated a few of those in my card too.

For the base of my card I used the Lots of Pops Pop Up Card die set Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. I added the Agatha Edges die to the top edge of my card and on the lower edge I added a Quilt Square die.



Here is another view of my card so you can se the pop up portion of my card a little easier.


On the front of my card I used the Sizzix Spool of Thread Card Bigz die to create a large Spool of Thread. I stamped the sentiment to the bottom of the spool.

Stamps: Quilt Set - Art Impressions; Birthday Assortment - Stampendous
Paper: White; Kraft; Green; Blue; Sew Lovely DP - Carta Bella
Dies: Lots of Pops Pop Up Card; Katie Label Pivot Card; Agatha Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Spool of Thread Card Bigz Die - Sizzix; Stitched with Love - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Green Hemp Cord; Foam Tape; Copics


3 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so super cute!!!

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - what a perfect card for a quilting friend. Love it!

Joanne (jojot) said...

well....I see that you also got that quilt die....love what you did with it