Friday, August 28, 2015

Happy Birthday Wishes


Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a card I created for a friend of my who celebrated her birthday this month. As my friend loves poppies, I wanted to use the Susan's Garden Garden Notes Poppy die set from Elizabeth Craft Designs.



As you can see I created a Pivot Card using the Katie Label Pivot Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

To decorate the edges of my card I used the Agatha Edges die set.



Here is the inside of my card, I added a poppy to each of the labels on the card. 

I wanted to use the new "A Way with Word" dies for the sentiment and I wanted it to say Birthday in there. As the Happy Birthday sentiment would have been too big for this card I decided to cut two of the Happy Birthday sentiments and cut apart the Happy and Birthday. I used the Happy on the front of the card and the Birthday on the inside. I also used the Wishes from the Best Wishes die set.

After cutting apart the Happy from the birthday ... the "h" in the word birthday was a little messy, so I cut another "h" from the word wishes and added it to the word birthday ... it fitted perfectly.



Here is a look at my card from the back.


Paper: White; Red; Green; Black; Fancy Pants Designs Indian Summer Designer Paper 12 x 12
Dies: Katie Label Pivot Card; Agatha Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Happy Birthday; Best Wishes - designed by Suzanne Cannon for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Garden Notes Poppy - designed by Susan's Garden for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products; Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 104mm; Gold Shimmer Sheetz



4 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

Such a gorgeous card Frances.... Your friend will love this!!!

Quietfire said...

Beautiful card! Great job finessing the "h"! I'm glad it worked!

Joanne (jojot) said...

beautifully feminine......love the red and yellow.....bright and happy

Karen Aicken said...

Wow Frances - just WOW. This is an amazing card. Now I have to add the 'Best Wishes' to my wish list, after seeing how you used it here. :-)