Saturday, August 8, 2015

You Light Up My Life


Hi everyone,


It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog.  This time round the challenge hostess is mwah and I hope I have another fun challenge for everyone.

The 7th August was National Lighthouse Day, so for our challenge today create a card featuring a lighthouse. If you don't have a lighthouse, think where you would find a lighthouse … near the sea, beach etc and use that for your inspiration.


For my card this week I created a Pivot card using the Katie Label Pivot Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. Along the bottom edge of my card I used the wave die from the Beach Edges die set to create the look of stand. 

To decorate my card I used Elizabeth Craft Designs Lighthouse Peel Off Stickers to which I added Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and then colored with Copics.


As Father's Day is only a few weeks away now down here in Australia, I decided to go with that theme. If I don't use it to give to someone on Father's Day, I will put it in the pile to give to my daughter at Christmas .. she always needs at least 3 or 4 Father's Day cards each year.


Here is a look at the back of the card, there is always something of interest to see whichever side you are looking at.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Inspired by  Lighthouses - MFT Stamps; Father's Day - Simon Says Stamp
Paper: White; Morning Swim DP - Maja Design; Sand DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Katie Label Pivot Card; Beach Edges- designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Transparent Double Sided Adhesive Tape 152mm; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Lighthouse Peel-Off Stickers
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics


2 comments:

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

Great card & I love the colors you've used.

Joanne (jojot) said...

lighthouse awesomeness