Thursday, September 24, 2015

Cherry on Top!



Hi everyone,


It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lois Bak our challenge hostess finishes off the month with one last challenge.

Apparently today is National Cherries Jubilee Day, so for our challenge this week Lois has requested that we make a card featuring cherries; or, if you don’t have any cherries, use any fruit.


I love when a cherries finally makes me use a stamp set I have had for sometime and that is exactly what happened when I went looking to see if I had any stamps with cherries (I am sure I have a few!). 

Anyway while looking through my stamps I found this Inky Antics stamp set which can be used with Bee Paper (or Honeycomb Paper) another thing I haven't used for sometime.



As you can see I created a Pull Card using the Rectangle Pull Card set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I am not sure if that is cherries on my designer paper, but I figured it looked a little like it so if it wasn't it is now haha!


When you pull the card open, it reveals the bee paper cupcake and the bird holding the cherry which is on a spinner.


 Elizabeth Craft Designs wants to wish you a 'Happy Fall', so we are offering FREE shipping on all Karen Burniston Pop it Ups purchases of over $50 on our website. This offer is available to the first 50 people only, so hurry!
When you get to the checkout with your $50 or more of Pop it Ups purchases, just enter the code HAPPYFALL2015  to receive free shipping for your order.

Please note: To receive free postage on orders to Australia your order needs to be for purchases over $150

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:






Stamps: Cupcake Birdy - Inky Antics
Paper: White; Pink; Red; Chirp DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Rectangle Pull Card; Merry Christmas Pop Up Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Mini Scallop Border - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Brown Honeycomb Paper; Pink Honeycomb Paper; Foam Tape; Copics




7 comments:

Maryann said...

This card is super cute, I love the cherry stealing blue birds.

Vicky Gould said...

As usual, another fantastic flip card...you have the cutest, bestest images too!

Sabrina said...

What a brilliant use of the honeycomb paper to create such a sweet treat.

Lois said...

I have that set (purchased several years ago) and it hasn't seen ink in a long time. Your card is perfect! I think that DP definitely is cherries!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Wonderful bg dp and birds......so cute with the cherry on top. The honeycomb is fab!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so many fun details.....esp that honeycomb cupcake.....just curious...when you use that paper, do you have to handcut the design or can you use designs

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulously fun surprise inside this sensational birthday design! Awesome work with the honeycomb cupcake! I love this awesome card, Frances!