Thursday, September 17, 2015

G'day!


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Lois Bak our challenge hostess for the month continues to bring us our challenges.

Apparently today is CITIZENSHIP DAY –  So for our challenge this week we are to make a patriotic card or a card indicating your heritage.

As I live in Australia, I of course when with an Australiana theme for my card. I used the Fancy Label Accordion Card designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs for the base of my card.



A few months ago I purchased an Australian range of dies released by Ultimate Crafts .... being an Aussie I just had to buy these and this was the perfect opportunity to use a few of the dies.

I used the inlay diecut technique on the map of Australia. 




Here is a closeup look at the last page of my card.


Here is my card when it is closed ready to pop in an envelope. As you can see I also added a couple of Gumnut embellishments to the front.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



Stamps: Down Under - Stamp It (Aust)
Paper: Off White; Rust; Green; Ochre
Dies: Fancy Label Accordion Card; Star Fancy Frame Edges; Outdoor Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Sunburnt Country; Wallaby; Gumnuts - Ultimate Crafts
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics



7 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Man, Frances, you are prepared for any occasion with your awesome cards! This one is an Aussie beauty...one to "die" for!!! Awesome dies!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this awesome Australian masterpiece, Frances! What sensational die cut representation of your beautiful country!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Frances, these dies are fabulous...especially the outline of your wonderful country. After your input, this is the die set I ordered, and I'm so glad I did. Now if only I could do it the justice you do!!!

Sabrina said...

Oh wow - what an absolutely fabulous set of dies - how perfect for the challenge this week. I love the leaves and nuts most of all, they almost make me think I can smell the big eucalyptus tree we had in our front garden.

Lois said...

Great card depicting various Aussie images!

Karen Aicken said...

You are amazing - this card is something else. LOVE it!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what wonderful 'down under' details and images....fabbo