Thursday, September 3, 2015

Housework can't kill you ....


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being the beginning of the month, it is time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Lois Bak.

 Apparently today is SKYSCRAPER DAY. In addition to being our challenge hostess Lois' birthday, it is also the birthday of Louis H. Sullivan (born Sept. 3, 1856), an architect credited with designing the first skyscraper.  Today’s challenge is a Word Play challenge.  Include on your card something that starts with each of the letters in CITY.

For the challenge part of my card I have used the following:

C - Crimson, Clothing  I- Iron; Ironing  T - Twine  Y - Yellow


I love how this image works for this challenge, as I had only just picked it up last month while shopping with a couple of friends. I figure this might be good for a Mother's Day card so will probably give it to my daughter ... that image looks more like her then me haha!

I have created a 4 Step Vertical Stair Card using Crealies Create a Card No 3 die.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Stamps: Lily Loves Laundry - Stamping Bella; Mop & Bucket; Cleaning Bucket - Darcies
Paper: White; Black; Out and About DP - We R Memory Keepers
Dies: Create a Card #3 - Crealies; Mum - Simon Says Stamp!
Other: Black Ink; Crimson Buttons; Twine; Foam Tape; Copics


8 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

What a fun quote by Phyllis Diller brought to life! You also have an ironing board (maybe you guys call it something else?) Such a fun, fun card!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This is the cutest image and saying!! I love your step card and all the RED buttons, Frances!

Lois said...

Love the quote (my sentiments exactly) -- and the card die is super!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this amazing card and its fun message!! What masterful work, Frances!

Liz Williams said...

I think this is my favorite of all your fabulous weekly cards. The sentiment expresses my exact sentiment for housework for sure!! The buttons, the iron for I is genius. The worst of all tasks as far as I am concerned. Thanks for bringing such fun to art of stamping!!

Sabrina said...

Ironing, just brilliant for "I". As always, such a fun card making great use of the fold.

Maryann said...

Fantastic card love the sentiment and that step make it such a fun card.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I certainly don't take a chance of that in the stamp cave.....creating allowed...no cleaning