Monday, September 7, 2015

Merry Christmas


Hi everyone,

Recently I was thinking about Christmas Pop Ups as I was supposed to be working on a card sample for an upcoming card class. At the same time my friend and fellow DT member Karen Aicken posted a Rectangle Pull Card turned into an Easel type card onto our DT group page where we share our creations before they go live on our blogs. I have made a few of these cards previously ... thanks to Karen, but because I had pop up cards on my mind it made me start to wonder if I can incorporate a pop up into the rectangle pull card Easel. Of course I had to try it!



I guess you would call this a Rectangle Pull Easel Pop Up Card ... that is a mouthful right!
To create this I have used the Rectangle Pull Card and the Merry Christmas Pop Up Card die sets designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I did find that with the added thickness the Pop Up Card creates inside the card, that the closure included on the Rectangle Pull card didn't help keep the card closed, so I covered that part up.

Also when the card was closed a small portion of the pop up could be seen beyond the rectangle portion of the card, so to hid that I added the decorative doily from the Paris Edges die set. I cut this in red and green and then adhered the two together, so that when the card was open you saw the red edge and green when it was closed.



Here is a side on view of my card when it is opened.


Here is my card when it is closed. I used the Seasons greetings stamps which is from the Merry & Bright Clear Stamp set also designed by Karen Burniston.


Stamps: Merry & Bright Clear Stamps - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Red; Green; Christmas Trees DP - Fabscraps
Dies: Rectangle Pull Card; Merry Christmas Pop Up Card; Katie Label Pivot Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Red/Gold Glitter Border Peel-Off Stickers - ECD; Foam Tape


2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, this is SOOOOO cool. I love it. Hahaha - don't know what to PIN it under, Rectangle Pull Card? Merry Christmas Pop-Up? :-)

Joanne (jojot) said...

classy holiday card