Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Peek-a-Boo Birthday


Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a Peek - a - Boo card I created. I have been wanting to try of these cards for ages, and recently I was checking my blog reader and saw someone else's card with link to instructions and as I didn't have anything else I needed to do I figured it was time to play.

If you want to learn how to create this style of card, you can find a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. 



For my card I used stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps .... Birthday Lulu.

When the card is closed you see the birthday girl in her pretty party dress.


Once you open the card another image covers the first one and reveals the birthday girl holding her presents.


Here is the card fully opened.


Here is an overhead view of the card so you can see how it works! I did end up putting a thin strip of tape to the very edge of the right side of the back layer which helps keep the back part of the card from flapping open.

Stamps: Birthday Lulu - Kraftin' Kimmie  Stamps; Happy Birthday - Lucy's Stamps
Paper: White; Purple; Embroidery DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Oval Nestabilities; Labels 10 - Spellbinders; Celebration Season Header Fold Die - Tonic Studio
Other: Black Ink; Copics


3 comments:

Maryann said...

I love this card, I had to check out the video link straight away, what a fantastic tutorial. Thanks for the link I can't wait to try it out.

Karen Aicken said...

What a cool technique - love your card!

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a cool idea...a peekaboo card...fabulous