Thursday, November 26, 2015

Shop 'til you drop



Hi everyone,

First up Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the USA!

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being the November hostess, I continue to issue the challenges this week.

Today is Thanksgiving in the USA and tomorrow is Black Friday. Many will be taking advantage of the sales. Create a card with a shopping theme, the card must also include the color black on it somewhere.

I know I have a number of shopping themed stamps in my stash, but it took me a while to find one I wanted to use for this challenge and then I found out the image would fit on the Gift Card Accordion card, so I thought it might be fun to make a birthday card with a shopping theme, that you are giving the birthday girl a gift card to buy her own gift!

I have used the Gift Card Accordion die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.


Here is a close up  of the first two pages of my Accordion card.


Here is the front of my card when it  is ready to be placed in an envelope. I got so carried away making this card, that I forgot to add the black ... fortunately I used black ink to stamp everything on the first page of my card and just for good measure I added black rhinestones on the frames on the front and two pages on the inside. I can't get the challenge wrong when I have set the challenge after all haha.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:



Amber Hillman
Anne Harmon
Joanne Grzelak
Liz Williams
Lois Bak
Lynn McAuley
Maryann Einam
Sabrina Friel
Vicky Gould



Stamps: You're Retro! - Penny Black; Gift Card Greetings - MFT Stamps; Greetings4Birthday - TSOL
Paper: White; Purple; Dress Me Up Paper Pad - Julie Nutting/Prima
Dies: Gift Card Accordion; Flourish Gift Frame - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Black Rhinestones; Foam Tape; Copics



8 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Just too cute in every detail. I especially love that money flying away, just as it does on Black Friday. I'm staying home so maybe my money will stick with me a bit longer!LOL

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a fun card, all in purple! Love that cat and the flying away dollars!

Lois said...

You may have just pushed me into getting that gift card accordion die with your cute, cute card!

Unknown said...

Absolutely love this card...it's like you made it for me. I LOVE cats and anyone who knows me knows how much I love cats. My favorite color is purple....and boy do I love to shop.....

Maryann said...

What a fabulous fun shopping card Frances, super cute

Karen Aicken said...

Love Love Love this.

Lynn McAuley said...

What absolute awesomeness, Frances! This gift card holder is sensational!

Joanne (jojot) said...

What an incredible creation.....unique image....fab colors....great sentiment....a winner for sure for Black Friday