It's time for our February Elizabeth Craft Designs Designer Challenge. For our first challenge for 2015 we were challenged to Mix and Match Tags (Create a project using a combination of the various tag dies. Small with large, mix overlays, mix corners, let your creativity flow!).
After a little bit of thought on what I would create for this month's challenge, I decided to create a Waterfall Tag book. I made a few of these some years back, so it was fun to revisit a fun technique.
Here is a quick video so you can see how the waterfall works on my book.
For the front of my book, I have used the Tags and More 8 - Lattice for the main tag, the overlay and the zigzag border at the bottom. I used the Star from Star Accordion Card die to which I added "Baby Boy" using the Alphabet 1 - Caps. The corners are from the Tags and More 2 - Deco
Once you open up the book on the left hand side I have used the Tags & More 6 - Daisy and It's A Boy/Girl .
The baby bottle was created using the Tags and More 8 - Lattice, I explained how to make the baby bottle on my recent Baby Girl Stand Up Card which you can find here.
To create the tags on the right hand side of my book I used the Tags and More 2 - Deco for the basic tag and also the reinforcement holes. I used the Tags and More 1 - Lace for the overlay at the top. The zig zag border at the bottom is from the Tags and More 8 - Lattice .
I decorated each of the tags using the Star Buddies Peel-Off Stickers ... I love love love these little cuties!!!!!!
This blog post would be amazing long if I gave you a step by step of everything I did to create my book. So I will just give you the basics of how to create this style of book, as I think you can figure out how I decorated it yourself.
1. To create my Waterfall Tag Book I started with a folded 6 1/2 inches tall by 11 inches, score along the 11 inches edge at 5 1/2 inches so you have a folded card 6 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Decorate as desired.
2. Cut a piece of card 12 inches x 4 3/4 inches the same color as the book cover. Score along the 12 inch side at 6 inches; 6 3/4 inches; 7 1/2 inches and 8 1/4 inches as per diagram above. Fold and unfold along each score line (I like to score in both directions)
Add a piece of Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape 10mm so it is on the right side of the 6 inch score line; the 6 3/4 inch score line and 7 1/2 inch score line.
3. Create your 3 tags using the Tags and More 2 - Deco for the basic tag and also the reinforcement holes. I used the Tags and More 1 - Lace for the overlay at the top. The zig zag border at the bottom is from the Tags and More 8 - Lattice . Cut your tags so they are 5 3/4 inches long.
4. Attach the left side of each tag to the adhesive tape applied in step 2, starting with the tag along the 7 1/2 inch score line and moving left.
5. Cut a piece of card which is 2 inches x 6 1/2 inches. Score at 3/4 inch at each end. Place a piece of adhesive double sided tape, along the right edge of the 12 inch x 4 3/4 inch panel waterfall panel, the tape will be at the top side of the card. Adhere the waterfall panel underneath the skinny panel above so it is centred between the score lines and both edges are flush with the right side.
6. Fold back the 6 inch fold line on the waterfall panel so it goes behind the right side of the panel with the tag and the left hand side when opened is now underneath the right side edge. Fold the score lines on the skinny panel above so they are now under both edges of the waterfall panel. Place adhesive double sided tape to the underside of both 3/4 inch scored lines.
7. Open the folded card we created in step 1 and adhere the folded skinny panel to the edge of the right side of your card so that tags are centred.
8. Decorate as desired...... I hope that makes sense!
Paper: White; Green; Orange; Blue; Baby Mine Boy - Carta Bella
Dies: Tags & More 1 - Lace; Tags & More 2 - Deco; Tags & More 4 - Flourish; Tags & More 6 - Daisy; Tags & More 8 - Lattice; Alphabet 1 Caps - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Star Accordion Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Star Buddies Peel-Off Stickers; Transparent Double Sided Tape 152mm; Transparent Double Sided Tape 10mm; Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Other: Ribbon; Foam Tape; Copics