Monday, January 11, 2016

Adventure Awaits


Hi everyone,

Today I am sharing a card I created for Karen Burniston to use as a sample for the recent CHA. Karen requested that I create a flat card and use the new Partly Cloudy stencil which has recently been released.

This stencil gives you lots of options, you have two different styles of clouds you can use when creating your cards which you can just keep repositioning if you are wanting to fill a whole card up like I did on the background of this card. Also included in the stencil is a sun and a group of birds.

Seeing I was using the new Partly cloudy stencil on this card I decided to use the new Hot Air Balloon die set which comes with a Pop Up die in case you want to create a pop up card, but it also works as a stand alone die too.

I stencilled the clouds using Picket Fence Distress Paint and then stencilled the birds over the top of the clouds using an ink pad.

To create the grassy hill at the bottom of the card, I used the oval edge from the Pull Card Edges die set and also the grass from the Outdoor edges die set. I adhered the grass to the back of the oval before attaching to my card.

Finally I added the sentiment "Adventure awaits" onto the hill using black ink. This sentiment is from Karen's new What's Up? Clear Stamp set.

Stamps: What's Up? Clear Stamps - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Red; Teal; Green; Dots & Stripes DP - Echo Park
Dies: Hot Air Balloon; Pull Card Edges; Outdoor Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Partly Cloudy Stencil - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Transparent/Gold Glitter Dot Peel Off Stickers; Clear Double Sided Adhesive 64mm
Other: Black Ink; Hickory Smoke Distress Ink; Picket Fence Distress Paint; Foam Tape


2 comments:

Gmalew said...

Fun card. Looking forward to using the stencils and new dies.

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous pieced balloon....fun