It's my turn to post a project on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. St Patrick's day is less then two weeks away, so I thought I might be fun to create something with this theme this time round. My project today can be either a card or a decoration, whichever you wish. As you can see my project features Jinks the Monkey and the new Fitted Frames 4 - Curvy Ovals which are both lots of fun to create with.
Here's how I created my card:
1. Using the Fitted Frames 4 - Curvy Ovals die set die cut the following:
- (1) Set of ovals from dark green cardstock.
- (1) Set of ovals from green cardstock.
2. Using the Stitched Ovals die set die cut the white cardstock.
- Carefully separate each of the the oval layers created in step 1. Take the largest dark green oval and carefully adhere this around the edge of the white oval making sure the edges of both ovals are level. TIP: If you remove just a small amount of the protective backing from the oval you are adhering to the card and get that in place and then continue removing a bit more as you go along.
- Adhere the remaining ovals to the white oval alternating from dark green to green until you cover the front of the oval. TIP: Before removing adhesive from the ovals that have curvy edges on the outside, make sure you have checked which way up they should go.
- Set Oval aside.
3. Using the Jinks the Monkey die set die cut the following:
- (1) Solid Body from black cardstock.
- (1) Detail Body from brown cardstock
- (1) Solid Tail from black cardstock.
- (1) Detail Tail from brown cardstock.
- (1) Face from flesh/tan cardstock.
- (1) Chest from flesh/tan cardstock.
- (1) set of inner ears from flesh/tan cardstock (you will need to use the detail body for these).
- Assemble Monkey using photo above as a guide.
4. Die cut the Bowler Hat from the Props 1 die set from dark green and green cardstock.
- Sponge around the green hat using green ink.
- Cut the brim off the dark green hat and adhere this to the green hat, so that it becomes the band of the hat.
5. Die cut the tiny flower from the Spiral Circle Pull Card die set from dark green ink.
- Trim down one of the petals so it becomes the stem and a 4 leaf clover. Adhere to the left side of the hat.
- Adhere hat to Monkey's head.
6. Die cut the small 4 leaf clover from the 4-Leaf Clover die set from green cardstock.
- Sponge around 4 leaf clover using green ink.
- Shape the 4 leaf clover to give it some dimension.
- Add 4 leaf clover to monkeys hand, by separating the brown layer from the black layer and inserting the stem in between.
7. Die cut two of the Card Stand/Easel from dark green cardstock. Adhere one to the other for added strength.
8. Adhere the four inner ovals left over from decorating the front of the card onto the back of the oval card.
- Using black ink, stamp the sentiment from the Lucky Birthday Clear Stamp set to the centre panel.
9. Adhere the Monkey to the front of the card and place oval card onto the Card Stand/Easel.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial.
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs: 1113 Stitched Ovals 1112 Fitted Frames 4 - Curvy Ovals 793 4-Leaf Clover 1071 Card Stand/Easel 1107 Jinks the Monkey 916 Spiral Circle Pull Card 911 Props 1 CS009 Lucky Birthday Clear Stamp Set 510 Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 101mm
Other: Cardstock: white; green; dark green; brown; black; flesh/tan Inks: Peel Paint Distress Ink Die Cutting Machine Foam Tape