It's my turn to post a project on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. Maybe it is the fact that where we live we are quickly approaching winter, but I seem to be drawn to the sea images lately. I love this patterned paper from the Through the Lens Stone collection, I am not sure about you but when I look at it I see the ocean waves crashing into the sand on the beach. So of course I had to use this to create my beach themed card today.
Here is how I created my card:
Creating the Card Base:
1. Cut a piece of Mustard Soft Finish Cardstock at 5 1/4 inches x 10 1/2 inches. Score along the long side at 5 1/4 inches and fold in half.
- Using the largest die from the Fitted Squares die set, die cut a square from Rust Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere to the front of the folded card.
- Using the second largest die from the Stitched Squares die set, die cut a square using the patterned paper from the Through the Lens Stone Collection 6 x 6 patterned paper. Adhere this to the front of the folded card.
2. Using White Soft Finish Cardstock, die cut both the solid and overlay pieces in the Shells Large die set. Note: Adhere Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of the cardstock of the overlay pieces for easier assembly.
- Using a blending tool, apply ink to all the pieces and then adhere the overlay pieces to the solid pieces.
- Referring to the photo above attach all the pieces to the lower right hand side of the card using foam tape.
3. Using the A Way With Words Dream die, die cut piece of Time for Teal Soft Finish Cardstock and Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock which has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back of each piece.
- Overlay the Soft Sky word so that it is slightly offset on the Time for Teal Word and attach to the top left hand corner of the card.
4. The inside of the card:
- Die cut the A Way with Word Hello sentiment from Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back and adhere to the top centre of the inside of the card.
- Die cut two rope borders using the Ropes 1 die set from Mustard Soft Finish Cardstock, again using Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back. Adhere rope borders to bottom of card.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Inks: Festive Berries Distress Ink; Wild Honey
Die Cutting Machine