It's my turn to post a project on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today. For my card today I wanted to play with some of the fun patterned papers that Elizabeth Craft Designs has recently released in the Through the Lens patterned paper packs. Today I am focusing on the Metal series to create a birthday card for a male.
1. The Card Base -
- Cut a piece of patterned paper from the Through the Lens Metal series paper pack that is 5 inches x 3 3/4 inches.
- Cut a piece of Rust Soft Finish Cardstock that is 5 1/4 inches x 4 inches.
- Cut a piece of Mustard Soft Finish Cardstock that is 11 inches x 4 1/4 inches. Score along the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches and fold.
- Layer pieces together as per photo above.
2. Counting from the small centre die, die cut one of the third rectangles from the Stitched Rectangles die set using the patterned paper from the Through the Lens Metal Series Patterned Paper Pack.
- Counting from the small centre die, die cut one of the third rectangles from the Fitted Rectangles die set from Rust Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Layer pieces together.
- Counting from the small centre die, die cut the second oval from the Fitted Ovals die set.
- Layer both ovals together and adhere to the left sided of card using foam tape.
a. Before reading the instructions below, you can see a video Els created using this technique here.
b. Place a sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive onto cardstock that is big enough for your peel-offs and remove the release sheet.
c. Be careful not to touch the adhesive or it will leave fingerprints in the glitter.
d. From the Foxy Peel-Offs, place the Sitting Fox and Sleeping Fox onto the release sheet (sticky side up).
e. Place the cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive, sticky side down, on top of the peel-offs (In other words, place sticky onto sticky.)
f. Use release sheet in handling the cardstock until you cover the adhesive with glitter so you don’t leave fingerprints on the exposed adhesive.
g. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, polish glitter with your finger and brush off the excess.
h. Color your images as desired using alcohol-based markers on the glitter.
i. Cut around all peel-off pieces.
j. Color white edges with a black permanent marker to give a more finished look.
k. Attach the sitting fox to the white oval on card.
* Coloring Tips for alcohol-based markers and glitter: Remember that when using alcohol-based markers, such as Copics, work quickly and don’t let the tip of the marker linger on the glittered surface. Too much alcohol ink can dissolve the adhesive and remove the glitter. It takes very little ink to color the surface of the glittered image so work with a light touch. To get the blended look, lay a line of color down along one edge of the section you want to color and then use your Blender pen to pull the color across the rest of the image. You may have to lay more color down to get deeper shading after you blend it out.
6. Attach Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock. Die cut 3 "happy" using the A Way with Words Happy Birthday 2 die set.
- Layer all the "happy" sentiments together and attach to card as per photo above.
7. Adhere the sleeping fox to the lower left hand side of card as per photo above.
8. Attach Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to the back of Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock. Die cut "birthday" using the A Way with Words Happy Birthday 2 die set.
- Attach the "birthday" sentiment to the left hand side of card as per photo above.
9. Die cut the smallest oval from the Stitched Rectangles die set using the patterned paper from the Through the Lens Metal Series Patterned Paper Pack.
- Counting from the small centre die, die cut one of the second rectangles from the Fitted Rectangles die set from Rust Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Layer pieces together and attach to the right hand side of card.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Die Cutting Machine