Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sliding By


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Our challenge hostess for the month Anne Harmon finishes off the month with one last challenge.

Apparently it’s baseball season again.  Promote your favorite team, their colors, or just a baseball theme.


Baseball isn't as popular in Australia as it is in the USA, I guess we are more into cricket! I do remember seeing a game at the Sydney Olympics and did enough the game.

I do however have a number of baseball themed stamps and designer papers for some reason so I had no excuse on being able to make a baseball themed card :).

As you can see I used the Hanging Pull Tab Card die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. This time around I decided to cut a circle using the Fitted Circles die set and create a giant baseball to put on the Pull Tab.

I used an older Paper Pretties stamp set for the baseball player which I cut out using my Scan N Cut.

The sentiment which is reveal when the tab is pull or slides up is an older stamp set from MFT Stamps ... I figured it worked with both the baseball theme and the style of card I created.




Here is another look at my card taken at a different angle, so you can see how the pull tab slides up.



Here is a close up of my card when the Pull Tab is closed. 


And finally the back of my card. I used a couple more stamps on some more baseball themed designer paper.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Anne Harmon
Joanne Grzelak
Liz Williams
Lois Bak
Lynn McAuley
Maryann Einam
Vicky Gould



Stamps: Play Ball - Paper Pretties; PI Baseball Boy; All Star - MFT Stamps; Pull Here - Judikins
Paper: White; Brown; Yellow; Baseball Paper Pack - Best Creations Inc.
Dies: Hanging Charm Pull Tab - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Fitted Circles - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Tea Dye Distress Ink;  Scan N Cut; Foam Tape; Copics


9 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

I think your sentie says it all....YOU hit it out of the park!!! Love it and that design is one I've never seen...great work, Frances!

CASTOWNE said...

You hit a home run with this card.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Frances, this card is wonderful! I love the way it slides, and what a perfect saying for the back!!! WOW!

Liz Williams said...

Love how that ball pops up there just ready to be hit out of the park. Your cards are always amazing!

Lynn McAuley said...

Your "slider" is absolutely perfect for today's baseball challenge, Frances! What an awesome card for any baseball fan! Remarkable design!

Lois said...

I like the way you used that hanging charm pull-card die. It gives it so much more versatility than I originally thought. Love your card.

Maryann said...

Another masterpiece creation, love those little bats and gloves in the designer paper.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Darling and very eye catching. I haven't done a card like this. I need to go hunting for instructions...thank you for the inspiration.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Well, I ordered the die cut. I could make my own but I see so many uses for this after seeing all your creations a die cut will be quick and clean. I have bought several of the Elizabeth Craft/Karen die cuts and have enjoyed them all.