Saturday, May 7, 2016

Cheeky Monkey



Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce a new challenge hostess which is Barb Anders.


May is Barb's birth month and the gemstone is emerald. Your challenge this week is to use emerald green on your card or project.


While out shopping recently at my favorite Paper Crafts shop I found this delightful monkey designer paper which I knew would work perfectly with the Jinks the Monkey Character die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

So while I was searching through my designer papers looking for something that would work with emerald, it wasn't hard to decide to use this paper to create my card this week.

I have created a Pull Card using the Oval Pull Card die set.  I created two monkeys, the monkey on the front of the card I created using the directions in Karen Burniston's video, so it was hanging upside down. 


When you pull the card open, you can see Jinks and a birthday greeting on the white oval panel. I also created a second sentiment using the Wishes Sentiment Shadow Press stamp and the Shadow Press Station to ink the image.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Square Sayings - Simon Says Stamp; Greetings - Elzybells; Cheeky Monkey - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Paper: White; Green; Brown; Flesh; Pink; Yellow; Black; Monkey See, Monkey Do - Fabscraps
Dies: Jinks the Monkey; Oval Pull Card; Pull Card Edges - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs;
Other: Black Ink; Green Ink; Wishes Sentiment Set Shadow Press; Shadow Press Station; Brayer; Green Rhinestones; Foam Tape



1 comment:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what perfect dp for this card......fabulously busy and fun