Thursday, May 5, 2016

Happy Father's Day


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Being a brand new month it is time to introduce our challenge hostess for May which is Maryann Einam.

Maryann has challenged us to the theme .... Let there be light! Add a lighthouse to your card.


A few months ago while I was shopping at my favorite Papercrafts store I found this beautiful designer paper from Bo Bunny featuring a lighthouse which I knew I needed to create into a pop-up card where it was the star of the card. So when Maryann set this challenge for us I knew just what I had to use :).

As I didn't want to cut into the lighthouse with my pop up I offset my pop up to the righthand side of the card. I used the pop-up die from the Hot Air Balloon die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs. This die set comes with an optional pop-up die which was just the right side for my card.

Father's Day  is still a few months away down here in Australia (it's in September). But as I have a few to make each year for my family to give on Father's Day it is never too early to get started. 




Here is a side on view of my card so you can see the pop up a little easier. I kept the inside of the card fairly simple as I didn't wanted the lighthouse to be the feature.


For the front of my card I found another piece of designer paper that had a smaller version of the same lighthouse I used on the inside on the back of the paper. As luck would have it, it was just the right size to fit on the front of my card. I used a rope die to decorate the top and bottom of the layer and added another Father's Day sentiment.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Anne Harmon
Joanne Grzelak
Liz Williams
Lois Bak
Lynn McAuley
Maryann Einam
Vicky Gould


Stamps: A Guiding Light - Flourishes; Happy Father's Day - Stamp It (Aust)
Paper: Boardwalk Summer Fun DP - Bo Bunny
Dies: Hot Air Balloon with Pop Up die; Katie Label Pivot Card; Katie Label Accordion Card - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Rope - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Frayed Burlap Distress Ink; Foam Tape



8 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Frances, this is beautiful paper. You do such amazing cards with every paper and die you have.

CASTOWNE said...

First of all, I have to say this card is GREAT! Secondly, I have to thank you, once again, for teaching me something new. As a cardmaker, I NEVER use the sheets in a 12 x 12 pack that have a scene in them because I always thought they were geared toward scrapbooking. I've only ever used the coordinating sheets with the overall patterns in my cards and have left the others in the pack or given them away. This card opens up all new avenues for me. THANK YOU!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

All those nautical additions are fabulous, especially the rope!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a powerfully awesome Father's Day card, Frances! Amazing work!

Lois said...

Beautiful card -- very cleverly done!

Maryann said...

Wow Frances you have certainly nailed the brief on this challenge, that lighthouse designer paper is just fabulous and I love the addition of the rope die.

Joanne (jojot) said...

aren't you clever using that large dp for your image.....that is one fab lighthouse card

its me said...

happy fathers day australia