Monday, May 2, 2016

Hoot Hoot Hooray!


Hi everyone,

Recently while I was trying to find homes in my new desk/drawers for all the stuff I had packed up so my new desk could be built, I discover the white panel layered to the black card with the washi tape attached. At the same time I found some kraft scalloped edged folded cards, so I set these on the top of my desk as I figured I could decorate this with something.

I recently decorated a new tool holder I purchased using Lots of Owls Peel Off Stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs. You can see that project here.  While creating that project I knew I would have a number of negative image owl images left over from the peel off sticker sheet, so decided to use a couple of those owls to decorate this card.

To use the negative images left over when you used a sticker from a Peel Off Sticker sheet you need to do the following:

  • Roughly trim around the negative image which remains on your peel off sticker sheet. Peel off any excess black peel-off sticker that may be around your image until you just have the image as per photo above.
  • Cut a piece of Transfer Sheet large enough to fit over the Building Blocks. Remove the protective backing and place the tacky side of the Transfer Sheet onto the negative shapes. Burnish with a bone folder or your fingers and carefully lift the Transfer Sheet checking to ensure that all of the pieces lift at once. You can see Els’ video using this technique HERE.
  • Now move the Transfer Sheet with negative shapes attached to it over to the card. When it is in the right spot, place it down onto the card and rub the front of the Transfer Sheet to release the pieces onto the card. Carefully lift the Transfer Sheet to check and make sure all of the negative image pieces are now on the card. (Don’t remove the Transfer sheet until all pieces are in place).



Here is the inside of my card, as you can see I added another owl negative image and added a sentiment.

Stamps: Feather Friends - Dare 2B Artzy; Hootie Who? - Fresh Squeezed Stamps
Paper: White; Black; Kraft;
ECD Products: Owl Peel Off Stickers; Transfer Tape
Other: Black Ink; Washi Tape




1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Hoot of a card. Thanks for all the instructions. Look your posts and all your creations!