It's my turn to post a tutorial on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog. For my card today I have been playing with the Stitched Squares die set to create a background on my mostly monochromatic card.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of Dusky Sky Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 5 1/2 inches x 11 inches. Score along the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches and fold along the score line to create a top folded card.
- Counting from the small centre die in the Stitched Squares die set, take the fourth and sixth die. Place the smaller of these two dies so that it is centred into the larger square. Place removable tape so that secures the dies together to create a frame.
- Use this frame to die cut two frames from Dusky Sky Soft Finish Cardstock and two frames from Bonnie Blue Soft Finish Cardstock.
2. Use the second largest die from the Stitched Squares die set and die cut a scrap piece of cardstock (any color as this will be covered up).
- Use a pencil to mark the centre point on all sides of the square panel and then create a pencil line so we find the centre of the card.
- Place Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape onto all the frames. Place one side of the Dusky Sky frame so that it lines up with the centre point of the card. Trim off excess frame.
- Use the remaining off cut frame to adhere diagonally opposite on the card. (Refer to photo above for placement.
- Next take one of the Bonnie Blue frames and adhere to to the other side of the frames already in place. Trim off excess and use this piece to add to the space in the the lower left hand side. (Refer to photo above for placement.
- Continue adding the frames in place alternating the colors to you have added 3 frames in each quarter of the card.
- Add tape to the square still not covered and use the solid squares that were created when we die cut the frames to fill in the last pieces. (You should be able to use one solid square to do two of the small fill in squares).
- Using the largest square from the Dotted Scallop Squares die set, die cut from Bonnie Blue Soft Finish Cardstock. Layer our decorated background panel onto the scalloped panel and adhere this to the folded card we created in step 1.
3. Counting from the small centre die in the Dotted Scallop Squares die set, die cut the the fifth die from Bonnie Blue Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Counting from the small centre die in the Stitched Squares die set, die cut the fourth die from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere the white panel to the scalloped blue panel.
- Turn this panel so it is a diamond shape. Using the "Flying by to Say" sentiment from the What's Up? Clear Stamp Set, stamp this so it is onto the centre right side of the white panel. (Refer to photo at top for placement).
- Adhere panel so it is centred on the front of the card using foam tape.
- (1) Large Hot Air Balloon from Whisper Blue Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Large Hot Air Balloon from Dusky Sky Soft Finish Cardstock (that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back)
- (1) Large Hot Air Balloon from Dark Goldenrod Soft Finish Cardstock (that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back)
- (1) Scallop Hot Air Balloon Decorator piece from Bonnie Blue Soft Finish Cardstock (that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back)
- Use the Whisper Blue Hot Air Balloon as the base.
- Cut the basket and strings from the Dark Goldenrod Hot Air Balloon and adhere these over the base hot air balloon.
- Trim out the second and fourth panels from the Dusky Sky Hot Air Balloon and adhere this over the base hot air balloon.
- Adhere the Bonnie Blue decorator piece on top of the hot air balloon.
- Attach the completed Hot Air Balloon to the left side of the white panel on the front of the card.
5. Use the remaining 2 squares that were creating when we created all the frames. Adhere them to the inside of the card as per photo above. (Tip: I used a left over piece of frame to place temporarily in the corner of the card to help with exact placement).
6. Counting from the small centre die in the Stitched Squares die set, die cut the third die from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Inks - Black
Die Cutting Machine