Saturday, December 3, 2016

Merry Christmas


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Being a brand new month it's time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is me!!!!!

STAR – Stars decorate our Christmas Trees and also helped show where Jesus was laying in his Manger all those many years ago. So for our challenge this week we are using the word ‘STAR’ – incorporate something starting with each of the letters in the word.


Here are a few suggestions to help you, but of course you are not limited to these ... Use your imagination!

S = Santa; Sleigh; Stockings; Star; Snowman; Snowflakes; Snow; Sage; Saffron; Sapphire; Scarlet; Sepia; Silver; Square

T = Tree; Toy; Train; Tiger; Teddy; Teacher; Turkey; Triangle; Teal; Taupe; Turquoise

A = Arrow; Apple; Animals; Aqua; Apricot; Amber; Angel

R = Red; Reindeer; Rabbit; Rainbow; Rain; Rose; Ring; Rug; Round; Rectangle




For my card today I have created another Window Card using the Lorna Label Pop Up die set. Karen Burniston shared how to create this style of card early in November. You can see Karen's video for this tutorial here.

To decorate my card I used the Snowman Peel Off Stickers which includes the snowman and all the Trees included in the set. I also used the snow border from the Outdoor Edges die set to create the snow on the bottom of my card.


I used the following to use the letters of the word STAR when I created my card ...
S = Snowman; Snow; Snowflakes; Sleigh
T = Trees
A = Angel (on front of card)
R = Red


Here is another look at the front of my card when it is fully closed.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.

Stamps: Merry & Bright Clear Stamp Set - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Super Christmas Tree (Angel) - Hero Arts
Paper: Red; Green; Retro Three DP; Retro Six DP - Authentique
Dies: Lorna Label Pop Up; Outdoor Edges; Sleigh Gift Card Holder Pop Up (Snowflakes) - designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs; Fishtail Flags Stax - MFT Stamps
Other ECD Products: Snowman Peel Off Stickers; Red/Gold Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 101mm
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape; Copics



2 comments:

CASTOWNE said...

Another show-stopper, Frances!

Karen Aicken said...

AWESOME! It took me awhile to try this type of card - glad you jumped on it right away so you could inspire me. This is a great card!