This year the Elizabeth Craft Designs Die Cut Design Team have reintroduced the Designer Challenge. From February on we will host our challenge on the first Tuesday of the month. For January we are playing a week later to allow for the beginning of the year.
Our challenge theme this time round is From the Heart - let's create a card/project that incorporate any of the heart dies in some way. Hearts can be used for so many different occasions one of which is Valentines Day which is coming up next month. Make your card for whatever occasion your heart desires.
I have been wanting to make a Triple Heart Easel card for sometime now and since Elizabeth Crafts Designs have just released Heart Dies this was the perfect opportunity to create one.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Create three top folding cards in the following sizes - 5 1/2 inches square; 4 3/4 inches square and 3 1/2 inches square from dark pink cardstock.
- Position the three larger dies from the Stitched Hearts die set onto each of the folded cards so that the top part of the heart die is hanging over the fold so it doesn't cut. Run through die cutting machine.
2. Fold the top heart in half as per photo above (#1)
- Apply adhesive to the lower portion of the top heart (see photo #2)
- Die cut three stitched hearts which match the hearts that we used on the folded cards. Adhere the full heart to the lower part of the heart. (see photo #3)
3. Adhere the bottom part of the middle sized heart to the bottom of the small heart (see photo #1)
- Adhere the bottom part of the large sized heart to the bottom of the middle heart (see photo #2)
- Turn the hearts over and place each heart so the tip of the heart is sitting in the "V" of the heart in front of it.
4. Decorating the Hearts:
- Die cut the three larger hearts from the Scalloped Hearts die set from pink cardstock. Adhere each scalloped heart to corresponding solid heart.
- Die cut 4 hearts from the Entwined Hearts die set from pale pink cardstock. Apply adhesive to the back of each heart and stack together. Attach to front heart on card.
- Die cut the ModaScrap Lace Heart from pale pink cardstock, sponge around edges using pink ink. Attach to the middle heart on card using foam tape.
- Die cut the Leafy Lace Heart from pale pink cardstock, sponge around edges using pink ink. Attach to the back heart on card using foam tape.
- From the Love Sentiments die set die cut the following from dark pink cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back - "Valentine"; "Love"; "You" and "XOXO".
- Adhere sentiments to card using photos above as a guide.
5. Die cut the following:
- (1) Small heart from Stitched Hearts die set from pink cardstock
- (1) Small heart from Scalloped Hearts die set from pale pink cardstock
- (1) Small heart from Entwined Hearts die set from dark pink cardstock
- Adhere the largest of the three hearts directly onto the bottom section of the front heart as per photo above. Layer the other two hearts together and then attach these to the first heart using foam tape. This will now keep the front heart in place.
Here is a look at my card when it is folded shut ready to be placed in an envelope.
Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see all the wonderful creations by our talented designers.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Pale Pink; Pink & Dark Pink
Ink - Spun Sugar Distress Ink
Die Cutting Machine