Thursday, January 12, 2017

Look Whoo's having a Birthday!


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week our challenge hostess for the month, Vicky Gould continues to issue the challenges.

This week Vicky has requested that we make a tri-fold card.  There are lots of instructions, both on SCS and You Tube.  

I decided to create a Tri Shutter card this week for the challenge part of the card.

Of course I am still playing with Christmas pressies I received, for this card I used the Art Impressions Owl & Cat Place Card Pals die set ... of course I had to have this die set since it included an owl in it :) This die was designed to be used to create place cards, but it works equally well on the front of a card.



Here is a photo of my card taken from overhead so you can see the folds in this card a litter better.



And finally a look at my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope. Even though the owl is 3D, if you are careful this could still be placed in an envelope as the legs can fold flat.



Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould



Stamps: Birthday Whoot Owl Stamp Set; Chatting Whoots Stamp Set - Art Impressions; Birthday Owl - Dare 2 Be Artzy
Paper: White; Pink; Orange; DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Tattered Lace Shutter Card; Owl & Cat Place Pals Card - Art Impressions; Stitched Ovals; Fitted Ovals; Dotted Scallop Ovals - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other: Black Ink; Foam Tape

7 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Love this - and happy that you got so many Owl presents!

Vicky Gould said...

What a fun owl on your outstanding tri-fold card, Frances. You never disappoint!

Lynn McAuley said...

What an amazing creation! I love this fabulous owl in his glasses and those amazing fold-out legs! Sensational papers and tri-fold design to showcase him at his finest! Magnificent work, Frances!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Fabulous and bright dp!! Oh what a surprise....an owl!! Very cute!

Wendy Bellino said...

I am drawn to intricate folding cards and this one I haven't tried yet. This is just the cutest, I love everything about it!

jojot said...

love the colors, the theme, the fancy fold, and the perfect senties

Lois said...

Tri-shutter cards are always fun. I love the bright colors on this one.