It's my turn to post a tutorial today on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog. Today I am playing with one of the new stamp set designed by Elizabeth Craft Designs new Designer Krista Schneider, the Stamps by Krista range, I love creating scenes using stamps, so I decided to use the stamps from the Birch Forest stamp set to create the scene on my card.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 3 1/2 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Using black ink stamp the deer slightly off centre and close to the bottom of the card.
- Stamp another deer onto a post it note, cut out the image to create a mask. Note: When creating a mask cut the image just inside of the line rather than outside to prevent a halo effect.
- Place mask over deer.
- Stamp the mushroom image onto the card four times as per photo above. Note - one mushroom is stamped over the deers front leg and another mushroom is stamped so it is slightly off the card.
- Take a post it note or scrap paper and place the top of the paper where you would like the top of the ground to be. For my card it is approximate 3/4 inch from the bottom of the card.
- Stamp the mushrooms onto post it notes and cut out to create masks. Note - when create multiple masks of the same image. Stamp the image onto one piece of post it note, but cut out 3 or 4 layers at the same time.
- Place the mushroom masks wherever the larger post it note does cover the mushrooms.
- Stamp the birch trees along the card so that the bottom of the trees line up with the top of the large post it note. For my card I stamped the trees three times.
- Remove all masks.
- Color as desired.
2. Trim down the top of the card so that it is level with the top of the trees. (mine is 3 inches high).
- Using the largest die from the Postage Stamp Rectangles die set, die cut the longest edge of the die from black card. Repeat.
- Use the edge to create a border underneath your white card, refer to photo above.
3. Cut a piece of red cardstock that measures 5 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches. Score along the 8 1/2 inch side at 4 1/4 inches to create a 5 1/2 inch x 4 1/4 inch top folding card.
- Adhere white panel to red folded card.
4. Stamp the 'Thinking of You' sentiment from the General Sentiments Clear Stamp set onto White Soft Finish Cardstock using black ink.
- Die cut the sentiment using one of the fishtail banners from the Stitched Fishtail Banners die set.
- Adhere sentiment to top left side of card.
5. The inside of the card;
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 3 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Stamp the owl from the Birch Forest Clear Stamp set to the right hand side of the card. Create a mask using a post it note.
- Stamp the mushrooms so that the owl appears to be sitting on the large mushroom.
- Stamp the sentiment 'Hello' from the General Sentments Clear Stamp set to the centre of the card.
6. Use the negative piece that was left when you die cut the Postage Stamp Rectangle die to create the border for the front of the card, to create a scallop border for the inside of the card.
- Adhere white panel to centre of inside of card.
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock - Black; Red
Ink - Black
Post it Notes