Monday, June 19, 2017

Magnified Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

Last month I decided to purchase the Simon Says Stamp May Card Kit, because it had an animated stamp set I didn't miss out on. The kit also included a few other bits and pieces including designer papers and 1-Numbers Acetate sheet both by Illustrated Faith.

When I was looking around to see what other people had created using the kit, I came across a card on Youtube created by Scott which used the numbers designer paper and the numbers acetate sheet and a magnifying glass. As the numbers on the acetate sheet are larger than those on the papers it looks like the magnifying glass is really magnifying the number. I thought is was an awesome idea and as I had a magnifying glass stamp in my stash which hadn't been used for ages I decided it was about time it got used again!

I went more for a male theme for my card and 'magnified" the number 8 so I have one card that can be used for my grandsons birthday next year or for one of his friends.


For the inside I used the remainder of the number designer paper and added a birthday sentiment and a balloon in the shape of an "8".


Stamps: Magnifying Glass - Stampington & Co; Happy Birthday - Sizzix; Numbered Balloons - Avery Elle
Paper: White; Teal; Aqua; DP - Illustrated Faith
Other: Black Ink; Evergreen Bough Distress Ink; Illustrated Faith Basic Numbers Acetate Sheet; Sequins; Glossy Accents; Foam Tape; Copics


2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So fun - and neat that you got to use your magnifying glass too.

jojot said...

amazing.....love it