Saturday, July 29, 2017

Orange, Black and White


Hi everyone,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Maryann Einam our challenge hostess for the month finishes off her month with one last challenge.

According to the Days of the Year calendar today is International Tiger Day. Create a card using the colors Orange, Black and White. 

For my card this week I decided to play with Karen Burniston's Charm Accordion die set again. At first I was just going to die cut the main die once to create a two page card but then I remembered Karen's recent card/tutorial where she converted this into a three page card so figured I should give it a go. I love when you can get a different look just by using the same die.

While I was putting together my card, I spied the cute Tiger which sitting on my desk. I had stamped and cut these out a few months ago and was waiting for the right card to add it too, when I looked at the other images in the Simon Says Stamp Critter Costume Party stamp set I thought a few of them would work on my card.

I used the Word Set 2 - Birthday to create the birthday sentiment along the bottom of my card and also added black and orange Nuvo drops for a bit of fun.


Here is a look at my card when it is folded ready to be placed in an envelope.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.



Stamps: Critters Costume  Party - Simon Says Stamp
Paper: White; Black; Orange; Birthday Bisque DP - Jillibean Soup
Dies: Charm Accordion; Word Set 2 Birthday - Karen Burniston;
Other: Black Ink; Ebony Black Gloss Nuvo Drops; Ripened Pumpkin Gloss Nuvo Drops; Foam Tape; Copics




2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Those animals worked perfectly. Love this die, too.

jojot said...

you have this challenge covered in theme and colors