Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Sumer Road Trip


Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our Paper Pros challenge for July. This time round our challenge is hosted by Sandy Diller.

Sandy has given us the theme ..... Summer Road Trip.


As you can see I have created a Twist Panel Pop Up Card using the Karen Burniston's new Twist Panel Pop Up die set. One reason you might be doing a summer road trip is to go camping, I know my daughter and son in law love to do that when they can, so I will probably use this card for his birthday card which is coming up next month.

To decorate my card I used a combination of stamp and die sets from MFT Stamps. The scene on the inside of my card shows that they have arrived at the camping destination. 


On the front of my card I created my "Summer Road Trip" Scene using a caravan die from MFT Stamps. I also used the Natures Edges from Karen Burniston to create the hills. I adhered the caravan to the left hand side of the card so it looks like the car is pulling the caravan as it is driving along the road.


Here is a look at my card as it is closing .... you can see that the accordion panel is changing direction to what it was when the card was opened.


And finally my card when it is closed. My card is a little thick when closed because I like to use foam tape on some of the elements of the accordion panel on the inside of the card ... as it will be hand delivered this doesn't matter. However if you don't want a thick card eliminate the foam tape. 

You can see what the other "Paper Pros" created for this challenge on their blogs:


Stamps: Roughing It; LLD Delicious Birthday -MFT Stamps;
Paper: White; Green; Brown; Grey; Yellow; Green DP - Karen Foster; Nature Walk DP - Pebbles Inc.
Dies: Twist Panel Pop-Up; Nature Edges - Karen Burniston; Roughing It; Happy Camper;  Hit the Road; Joy Ride - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Tumbled Glass Distress Ink; Forest Moss Distress Ink; Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink; Earth & Sky Stencil - ECD; Bright Gold Nuvo Drops; Foam Tape; Copics

3 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Love this card - it turned out so perfectly. Fun to see those stamps & dies again too.

Mary T said...

Nice Job1

jojot said...

amazing.....so many detials....such a fun card