Thursday, August 17, 2017

Ahoy Shaker Card


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Anne Harmon our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

This time around Anne has given us a Nautical Theme - As the summer draws to a close, make a card with a nautical theme.  This can include the beach if you so desire.

I decided to create a shaker card with a pirate theme for my card today ... there is beach and a ship on my card so I hope it fits the challenge haha!

For the base of the card I have used MFT Stamps Stitched Triple Peek-A-Boo Window & Edge which I decided to turn into a shaker card. I love how this turned out. I die cut this using White Soft Finish Cardstock which I then colored using Distress Oxides. 

To decorate my card I used the Lawn Fawn Ahoy Matey stamp set.


Her is a close up look at the front of my card. You can see that I have placed some palm trees and treasure chest behind the shaker windows and added sequins in "jewel' colors.




For the inside of the card I decided to use the Lawn Fawn Lift a Flap die set to create a hidden panel for some extra fun for this card. I added some sentiments and images from the Ahoy Matey stamp set and also a message from the Press Here stamp set, so whoever receives this knows to "Lift the Flap"

Again the background was created using Distress Oxides. These are now my  favorite ink pads I think.


When you lift the flap it reveals a treasure chest and treasure and also a sentiment.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:




Stamps: Ahoy Matey; Push Here - Lawn Fawn
Paper: White Soft Finish Cardstock - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Black; Red; Ahoy There Paper Pad - Carta Bella
Dies: Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Window & Edge - MFT Stamps; Lift A Flap - Lawn Fawn
Other: Black Ink; Vintage Photo Distress Oxide; Walnut Stain Distress Oxide; Gathered Twigs Distress Ink; Acetate; Foam Tape; Copics






7 comments:

Liz Williams said...

Wow, Frances, this is so clever and so cute. Love the little pirates, the red and white stripes, and those hidden treasures as a triple shaker card just takes the prize!!! I look forward to your card each week because they are so amazing.

Vicky Gould said...

I always look forward to seeing your cards Frances! No two are ever alike. What a delight this little shaker/pirate card is!

Lynn McAuley said...

Oh, my, Frances! Another uniquely marvelous design!! I love EVERY hidden treasure on this sensational card!!

Lois said...

How fun! Love those cute little pirates!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

So much to look at!! Love all those fun images, and the flap is just the best!!!

jojot said...

how cute.....I just got that peek a boo die...thx for the inspiration

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - awesome card and even more awesome background. Wow!!