Thursday, August 24, 2017

Jump for Joy


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Anne Harmon our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Our challenge this week is ... Water color. Make a background using water colors, then finish the card in whatever way you wish.


For the water color part of the challenge, I decided to stamp a large leaves background stamp onto water color paper using VersaMark ink and adding white embossing powder. I then used various autumn/fall distress inks to randomly water color the piece before setting aside to dry. 


For my card today I have created a Magic Color Slider Card using the Lawn Fawn Magic Color Slider Card die set. I have also used the Lawn Fawn Jump for Joy stamp set to create an autumn/fall themed card.



When you pull the tab, it starts to reveal the magic ... which is the color appearing under the tab.



To decorate my card I have also added grass along the bottom of the card, using the Lawn Fawn Grassy Hillside Borders die set, and added a few more leaves.



  And finally the whole colorful scene is revealed. I added the "Pull Here" and arrow to the tab using the Push Here stamp set.


For the inside of the card I added a birthday sentiment and a few more of the cute images from the stamp set.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi




Stamps: Leaves #2 - Sonlight Impressions/Cornish Heritage Farms; Jump for Joy; Push Here - Lawn Fawn
Paper: Watercolor Paper; Orange; Green; Acetate
Dies: Magic Color Slider; Grassy Hillside Borders; Leafy Tree Backdrop Portrait - Lawn Fawn;
Other: Black Ink; Black Stazon Ink; Peeled Paint Distress Ink; Wild Honey Distress Ink; Dried Marigold Distress Ink; Fired Brick Distress Ink; Foam Tape; Copics




8 comments:

raquelmason.blogspot.com said...

This is so very cute!

Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome autumn background for these sweet woodland critters!! And how much fun is this sensational magic slider card!??! A TON of fun!! Remarkable crafting, Frances!

Karen Aicken said...

This is SO cute - love those stamps and your gorgeous water coloured background.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What gorgeous colors you added to the white embossed leaves! I really need to take a look at the tutorial for that amazing card, mf!!

Vicky Gould said...

Abracadabra....a magical card appears. Awesome scene you created and your background is perfect for it!

Lois said...

Your magic slider card is so cool! I think I tried that technique once -- with, as I recall, not great results. I may have to try again. Thanks for the push!!!

Liz Williams said...

I was already ooohing and ahhing over that gorgeous leafy bg, and then you topped it with that incredible magic slider panel. Your cards always have that element of wonder and surprise.

jojot said...

very cool magic window card....never know what kind of fancy card I am going to find here....lol