Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Elizabeth Craft Designs Winter Sweater Blog Hop


Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to my blog, and the Elizabeth Craft Designs Winter Sweater Blog Hop. Today the Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team are having a special blog hop featuring the Winter Sweater die set.

The hop started on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog, so if you just happened to hop onto my blog you may want to head over there now so you can start at the beginning of the hop. You do want to miss anything and there is lots to see!

As I love owls, I decided to create a card featuring an owl on the sweater. You can never go wrong with an owl!!!!!


For my card today I have die cut the Winter Sweater using one of the papers from the ModaScrap Manly Man 6 x 6 Pattern Paper Pack. To decorate my sweater, I have used one of the owls from the Give a Hoot clear stamp set and coordinating dies. I colored the owl to match the papers I used for the layers on my card which are from the same paper pack.

I used the Stitched Circles, Dotted Scallop Circles and Fitted Circles for the circle layers on my card and the Stitched Squares and Dotted Scallop Squares for the base. 

To the large circle on the top left hand side of the card I added Nuvo Crystal Drops in Copper Penny and Neptune Turquoise.

I stamped just the word "Hoot" from one of the sentiments included in the If Animals Could Talk sentiment set which has been stamped and layered to a fishtail banner using the Stitched Fishtail Banners die set.



For the inside of my card used the Stitched Squares and Dotted Scallop Squares and added stripes of paper that were left over after die cutting the square on the front of the card. I added sentiment from If Animals Could Talk & General Sentiments Clear Stamp sets.

To finish the card I added two additional owls to my card.


Well that is about it from me today, thank you for dropping by. To continue on the blog hop, click on the next person on the list which is Sanna Lippert.

Here is the complete blog hop list if you need it.




Supplies:

Elizabeth Craft Designs:



Other:

Cardstock - Cream; Tan
Black Ink
Nuvo Drops - Ebony Black; Copper Penny; Neptune Turquoise
Foam Tape

17 comments:

Birgit said...

Your card is super, super cute Frances! Inside and out!!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this Frances...EEEK I had forgotten you used the same owl!! Love yours though...so fun!

Karen Aicken said...

Oh, this is SO cute! Great Owl Sweater card.

S@ndy Diller said...

How shocking - you used an owl. Love your sweater!

Anita Braddock said...

Wow awesome cards the layering of your papers are perfect love love your owl super sweet.

Toni F said...

Hoot, hoot for you. Great colors.

Marlene L said...

Beautiful card. Love the owls!!! Pretty paper, wonderful coloring!

Iva Stastna said...

Lovely sweater owl cards.

Unknown said...

I love the owls on the sweater and the inside! Love the color combo too.

sannalippert said...

ah, obviously you´d pick owls :)! looove your cards, Frances!!!!

jean said...

awe such cute sweater!!! love it!!

Sheila said...

I like the earth colors of the sweaters. Since I often say What a hoot!, the hoot sayings are appealing.

Karen (karey2005) said...

I adore your owl sweater and love that you decorated the inside too! CuTe!!

Katelyn said...

Fabulous card Frances! Love how you decorated the inside of the card too!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Your cards are gorgeous!! I just purchased the sweater die -- thank you for the inspiration!!

Denise Bryant said...

Darling card! Love the owl and your pretty, fall colors!

jojot said...

great details....esp. like the dp you used for the sweater