Saturday, November 25, 2017

Have a Holly and Oh So Jolly Christmas


Hi Crafty Friends,

It’s challenge time with the “Crazies” over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Karen Aicken our challenge hostess for the month finishes off the month with one last challenge.

"Christmas or Winter Card" - It's only 1 month until Christmas, so make a Christmas or Winter themed card today to get a jump on your stash.



As you can see, my card today covers either of the options of the challenge ... Christmas or Winter. I did add a few new stamps to my stash this year and I am determined to use them before it is too late.  This card uses the Mama Elephant A Beary Christmas and also Puffy Holiday Greetings. 

I created a winter scene using Karen Burniston's Nature Edges and Lawn Fawn's Birch Trees. 



For the inside of my card I expanded on the scene I created on the front of the card.

I used Karen Burniston's Katherine Label Pop-up die set to mount the sentiment to the upper portion of the card. I love how versatile this die set is, so many different options for using it.




Here is a close-up of the scene on the left hand side of the card. 

I used a black glaze pen for the bears eyes & noses, and white for the dots and stripes on the scarves.

I added Nuvo drops to all the ornaments and stars.



And a close up of the scene on the right hand side of the card. 

Don't forget to check out the rest of the “Crazies” cards over on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog and also their individual blogs for more details.




Stamps: A Beary Christmas; Puffy Holiday Greetings - Mama Elephant
Paper: White; Blue; The Night Before Christmas DP - Graphic 45
Dies: Katherine Label Pop Up; Nature Edges - Karen Burniston; Birch Trees - Lawn Fawn
Other: Black Ink; Blue Ink; Red Ink; Autumn Red Nuvo Gloss Crystal Drops; White Blizzard Nuvo Glitter Drops; White Gel Pen; Black Glaze Pen; Foam Tape; Copics


3 comments:

Maryann said...

OMG Frances, what an adorable scene just perfect for this challenge

Karen Aicken said...

Simply adorable - love everything about this card, especially the way you used the Katherine Label to animate the greeting!!

jojot said...

just the sweetest critter forest scene