Thursday, November 23, 2017

Santa & Elves at the North Pole


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Joanne Grzelak our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

This week we are going to make a card for our holiday stash. You can make a Christmas card, a New Year’s card, or a winter card…..whichever you think you need the most for your stash. 


As you can see, I decided to make another Christmas card for our challenge this week. I used the Sleigh Pop-Up die set from Karen Burniston which gives you the option of making a normal style pop up card where you have the card at 90 degrees or a pop stand (flat) style where you have the card at 180 degrees. I went for the second option for this card.

To decorate my card I used Riley and Company's Dress Up Riley; Dress Up Riley Christmas Outfits and Tucker the Dog. 


On both edges of my card I added a snow border from the Nature Edges die set also from Karen Burniston. I covered the snow with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. I also added the North Pole Sign which is a stamp/die set from Hero Arts.

On the edge that is the front view of the card, I added the "Merry Christmas" from the Words Set 3 Holidays die set.



Here is another view of the inside of my card. "Santa" and the "Reindeer" are only seen from the front view of the card, not from the other side.



For the front of my card I added another border of snow from the Nature Edges die set. 

I added the Paper Layering Wooden Door to the left side of the card and another sign to the door using the North Pole Sign Stamp/die set.

On the right hand side of the card I added another of the Dress Up Riley images, this time dressed as an elf.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi



Stamps: Dress Up Riley Red Rubber Basic Stamps; Dress Up Riley Christmas Outfits; Tucker the Dog - Riley and Company; North Pole Sign Stamp & Cut Set - Hero Arts
Paper: White; Red; Gold; Green; Pink; Aqua; Endearing Sentiments DP - Graphic 45; Shabby Chic DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Sleigh Pop-up; Nature Edges; Word Set 3 Holidays - Karen Burniston; North Pole Sign; Paper Layering Wooden Door - Hero Arts; Dress Up Riley Christmas Outfits dies; Tucker the Dog - Riley and Company
Other: Black Ink; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Black Glaze Pen; Glossy Accents; Foam Tape; Copics






8 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So many fun details in your Riley Sleigh Pop-Up! Great card.

MiamiKel said...

This is absolutely darling!! So many details and all of them adorable - Riley and his santa suit and the pup are just too sweet!

Vicky Gould said...

OMG, whomever gets this one is gonna keep it out until June! I LOVE it!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Riley as Santa is so much fun!!! Love your card!

Lynn McAuley said...

You got my day off to a great start with a huge smile this morning, Frances!! I love this joy-filled Christmas design!!

Hope your Thanksgiving has been wonderful!!

Lois said...

I love these Karen Burniston pop-up cards, and this one is no exception. You've created a super fun card today, Frances!

jojot said...

your pop ups just keep getting better and more complicated...this has to be one of my favs

Liz Williams said...

Wow, I love this peek into Santa's workshop and love Santa's "Dasher" reindeer!! Sorry to be late with my comments, but sure had fun scrolling through all of your other holiday delights you have loaded on your blog. Your work is awe-inspiring~~