Friday, November 24, 2017

We Wish You A Merry Christmas


Hi Crafty Friends,

My card today is for a challenge I do with a couple of friends of mine. Normally we would have a monthly challenge, but this year it has been a while since our last challenge (April in fact). As one of my friends went overseas on holiday and when she came back she was busy catching up with so much that our challenges have been on the back burner. Now that she is caught up we are back to our challenges 😀

This year we have noticed some amazing stamps and / or die sets coming out with some of the Stamping/Die Cutting Magazine that we have all acquired a few. So this month our challenge is to use one of the freebie sets from one of the magazines we purchased.


I am still madly trying to use as many of the Christmas themed stamps/dies before I run out of time ... I had one magazine that contained a Christmas themed stamp set, so I used that one my card today. The stamp set is called Classic Christmas and is from the Cardmaking in Easy Steps Magazine Issue 21 which is a Practical Publishing publication.

I have been having so much fun this month playing with the new Karen Burniston Tag Book Pop-up that I decided to play with it again for the challenge.

I used the train from the freebie stamp set to decorate the front of the tag book adding presents and a tree into the carriages which is from an MFT Stamp set I have had for a while.

The papers used on this card are also from this magazine. 



On the inside of my tag book, I stamped two of the sentiments included in the stamp set on the two tags on either end of the card. For the middle portion of the card I added two more train carriages.

Stamps: Classic Christmas - Cardmaking in Easy Steps Issue 21  Magazine Practical Publishing International; Jingle All the Way - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Red; Blue; Green; Patterned Paper from Cardmaking In Easy Steps Issue 21 Magazine
Dies: Tag Book Pop-up; Nature Edges - Karen Burniston; Train Track Border - Taylored Expressions
Other: Black Ink; Blue Ribbon; Red and Blue Twine; Foam Tape; Copics



3 comments:

Maryann said...

Stunning card Frances, you aced this challenge, love those train images so clever mixing it with your other images.

Karen Aicken said...

So fun! Cool that you are able to double up on a PRINTED magazine and also get some wonderful freebies.

jojot said...

you are queen of the fancy folds...love it