Thursday, November 16, 2017

You Matter to Me


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Joanne Grzelak our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Today is Joanne's birthday .... Happy Birthday Joanne!!!!!!!!! So she would love to see us make a feminine birthday card with flowers.


When I saw Concord & 9th's new Blooms Fill-In Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies when it was released last month, I knew it was one I needed to add to my collection. I love the bold look of this stamp set, and the amazing looks you get just by stamping the background and stamps different colors.

I am not sure if black is considered feminine, however I have seen a couple of people use this set stamping in black which I really loved so I had to try it for the first time I played with he set. The flowers themselves of course are pretty colors. I used Distress Oxides to stamp all the individual parts to the flowers.

For the base of my card I used Karen Burniston's Cupcake Pop-up die set, this is inspired by a couple of cards fellow Design Team mate Karen Aicken created. It is always good to be able to stretch your stamps/dies and use them for something other than they were intended which is what I did here.

Instead of adding a cupcake included in the Cupcake Pop-up die set, I covered the main part of the cupcake pop-up with the label which comes with the Blooms Fill-in die set. It definitely makes a statement! I added the "You Matter To Me" sentiment which is included in the Blooms Fill-In stamp set as well as die cutting and stamping a few flowers to match the background.


For the sentiment on the rectangle panel at the base of the pop up I used one of the sentiments from the Sentimental Too stamp set from Avery Elle. These work well on this panel, so I might be using some more for future cards.


For the front of the card I stamped a second background using the Concord & 9th Blooms Fill-In Stamp set. I used the snow border die from Karen Burniston's Nature Edges die set to cut the panel into two pieces. I also die cut a piece of green cardstock using the same die so I could add a small green border along the edge. I then adhered the panel down to the front of the card and added a birthday sentiment.

I added Raspberry Pink Nuvo Crystal Drops to the centres of the flowers and Autumn Red Gloss Nuvo Crystal Drops to all the berries on the background panel on the front and inside of the card which gives the panel a little texture.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi



Stamps:  Blooms Fill-In Stamp Set - Concord & 9th; Sentimental Too - Avery Elle; Birthday Sentiments - Sizzix
Paper: White; Pink; Green
Dies: Cupcake Pop-up; Nature Edges - Karen Burniston; Blooms Fill-in Dies - Concord & 9th
Distress Oxides:Candied Apple; Fired Brick; Abandoned Coral; Peeled Paint; Lucky Clover; Wild Honey
Other: Black Ink; Nuvo Raspberry Pink Crystal Drops; Nuvo Autumn Red Gloss Crystal Drops




8 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Love this card...the colors are perfect together, the fold is unique.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a striking beauty, Frances!! Absolutely gorgeous!!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, that is some gorgeous design paper. Love the colors in it and of course the wonderful surprise elements inside the card.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a beautiful way to use that gorgeous paper!!!

Karen Aicken said...

Love love love this!

Lois said...

Beautiful card with a wonderful message!

MiamiKel said...

Oh wow, just beautiful! Both are so lovely - I can see why you fell in love with the dies. And I love your new blog look, too!

jojot said...

I am having some computer connection problems and pictures are not uploading on your blog or Anne's blog (so far) but from the CCEE blog I know that this one is a beauty