Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Wishing You the Happiest Birthday


Hi Crafty Friends,

Now that Christmas is over, I am back creating something other than Christmas cards. As much as I enjoy creating Christmas cards, I am happy that I can finally start getting back to normal everyday cards. I have a number of new stamps/dies etc that I purchased back at the beginning of November that I have been wanting to play with but I was too busy with the Christmas cards. Of course I now also have Christmas gifts to play with too now :)

Sometime around the end of October or beginning of November, Jennifer McGuire shared an idea of stamping two cards at once by placing a floral image so that it stamped both cards at once and you stamped on all four corners. I have been wanting to play with idea ever since and purchased this W Plus 9 stamp set specifically to use with this idea. You can see Jennifer's blog post here


After stamping the flowers on all four corners using black ink, I colored the flowers using copic markers. 

I added a sentiment to the centre of the card. I also added Nuvo Drops randomly around the card.

The card is mounted to a top folding card using fun foam.


I changed the colors for my second card, so they would both be a little different.


For the inside of the card, I added another birthday sentiment and then stamped the floral image used on the front of the card over the sentiment in the color of the flowers on the front of the card.

Stamps: Beautiful Bouquets Dahlias - W Plus 9; Sending Wishes - Simon Says Stamp; Sprinkles and Smiles - Penny Black
Paper: White; Black
Other: Black Ink; VersaMark Ink; White Embossing Powder; Sweet Lilac Nuvo Crystal Drops; English Mustard Nuvo Crystal Drops; Fun Foam; Copics



2 comments: